HIV - International Expert Forum
HIV ARS symptoms

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

HIV ARS symptoms

Hello Doctor, I am male from Lebanon and I was engaged in unprotected vaginal sex with a cws. 15 days After the exposure my symptoms started, I had bad chills with great headache and high fever 39-40 °C  that lasted for 1 week.  

4 weeks After the exposure I had a rapid HIV test the result was negative. In Addition 5 weeks and 4 days after the exposure I took another test ( i don't know if it is a 4th generation test)  the result was also negative and on the result paper it is mentioned that the search for HIV antibodies and p24 Ag using MEIA technique is negative. Therefore can you please doctor assess my situation if I need to go for further testing
Thank you for your post.
The fact that your second HIV test included the p24 antigen, that makes it 4th generation, equivalent to our HIV Duo test.  This test was performed at 5 weeks and was negative.  You can consider that to be conclusive, confirming that you have not been infected.  There is no need for you to have any further tests.
Best wishes,
Dr José