HIV - International Expert Forum
HIV exposure/symptoms

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

HIV exposure/symptoms
I am a 28 years old male...I had a protected vaginal intercourse with a sex worker...and unprotected oral sex with her....In the same night...i shaved the hair near on my groin area and i had some cuts there...
the female sex worker HIV status is unknown...after about three weeks from possible exposure...i was suffering from a sore throat (no fever, no rashes, no flu like symptoms except a sore throat with phlegm)...I’m still suffering from it right now...(after 54 days from possible exposure)...I had an HIV test on the 28th day after the possible exposure...the test was HIV 1 and 2 Ag/Ab..the result was negative...I took two tests again on the 34th day...the two tests were: HIV 1 and 2 Ag/Ab and Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 (HIV) by RT-PCR,QNT and two tests results came back negative...I saw an Otolaryngology doctor, and he gave me an antibiotic....but my sore throat doesn't seem to be healing... although I am done with the antibiotic.. and although he told me he couldn't find anything in my throat...my questions are:
1. could the sore throat (1 month for now) be a symptom of HIV?
2. How long does a sore throat last if someone is infected by HIV?
3. Do the cuts increase the risk of having HIV specially from Oral sex?
4. Are the tests i have taken assuring/conclusive? what do they tell you?
5. i am planning to take a test after three months from possible exposure (for my peace of mind)...which test should i take? Combo, ELISA, PCR, etc...

please answer the five questions separately
Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.  Here are your answers:
NO, YOUR NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS ARE CONCLUSIVE FOR A NO RISK SEXUAL ENCOUNTER.  YOUR PERSISTENT SORE THORAT IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH HIV SERO-CONVERSION AND IS NOT RELATED OT IT.
7-10 DAYS AT SOME STAGE BETWEEN 2 AND 6 WEEKS FOLLOWING THE EXPOSURE, AND NOT IN ISOLATION, AS IT IS USUALLY ACCOMPANIED BY A HIGH FEVER, RASH, LYMPH NODES, ETC.
3. Do the cuts increase the risk of having HIV specially from Oral sex? NO
YES, THEY ARE FINAL AND FULLY CONCLUSIVE.  YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE.
YOU DO NOT NEED ANY FURTHER TEST.  THE TEST RECOMMENDED AT THAT PERIOD OF TIME WOULD BE THE ELISA TEST.  IT WILL BE NEGATIVE.

Kind regards,
Dr José
no exposure.is there a way to close a thread moderator lol
i paid for an answer from a doctor
Dr Sean, Dr Jose or Dr hhh

will you please answer my question? thank you in advance
thanks and God bless you doctor