HIV - International Expert Forum
HIV risk after condom broken /PEP/URGENT

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

to Dr Sean cummings,

Dr Sean Cummings

Monday 5 october 2010 5pm I took a risk with a sex professional in germany in a sex house:
Woman is from thailand
Condom rupture at the end of the intercourse with ejaculation 15seconds unprotected sex: immediate cleaning

Next day,6 th october, I went to hospital, met a Aids specialist, told me yes I had a risk and I received combivir + viramune 4 days then he told me to only take combivir for the last remaining 24 days of treatment.

This day I was checked and no HIV/siphilis/hepatits detected on the 6th of october.
Everything else good, ALAT, SGPT etc.. Treatment started 16 hours later after risk. I do take a lot of vitamin B, ginseng and selenium especially before winter.
*Do i need to worry to get HIV even with the prophylaxia started before 24 hours ?
*Is the less duration to exposure (15 seconds) a good factor to avoid HIV ?
*I know there is a risk of 0.03% to 0.05% per intercourse with infected girl to get it, will prophylaxia reduce that risk ?
*I received combivir + viramune 4 days. After that period, only combivir for the last remaining 24 days, will there be same efficacity as if it was a tritherapy? I am now in the 15th day of the treatment and did not notive any upcoming other ST (clamidia etc..).
*Will Agp24 negative be a good sign ?- I have to do it next week.
*Isl absence of ARS symptoms during the first month be a good sign ?
*Based on your experience of some patients you have followed with prophylaxis, how many seroconverted and how many did not?
*Will the post treatment delay a possible seroconversion ?

Im sorry to post a bunch of questions but they are all linked to that problem and currently I feel very anxious.

Thank you very much !
Best Regards
Harvey
Hello Harvey,
I think that I have already responded to your previous post.
Kind regards,
Dr José
Dear Dr Jose

appologize for double post due to technical error

yes you have already responded to it - i have just posted another question on the other post if you may have a look
thanks
Regards
Harvey