HIV - International Expert Forum
Hiv risk from blood test

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hiv risk from blood test

I suffer from OCD and maybe my questions are completely irrational but I need a professional opinion. Two months ago I had hiv elisa and rpr-vdrl tests. I get nervous when blood is drawn so I didn't look where the nurse took the needle from. So later I started to worry what if it was reused. I went back to the clinic and they assured me that the needles are never reused. I should trust what they've told me? Considering that actually I was the first patient in the lab, when I got there it was closed and no one else was atended before me.
My other concern is my dentist appointment, mainly local anesthesia needle. I was told that I couldn't get hiv from it but in your professional opinion, is there any reason for testing?
Thank you for your help!
Thank you for your post.
This is obviosuly your OCD speaking as your fears are totoally irrational.  All equipment used is sterile, single use and disposable.  Therefore it is impossible that you could contract HIV that way.  You need to try to relax and try to forget it.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Muchas gracias!