HIV - International Expert Forum
I hope I just need phych

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

I hope I just need phych

I was in Uganda a few months back and went out and had a bit too much fun with the locals and wound up hooking up.  In a lapse of good judgment that seems to always follow after a good night on the town I found myself with no condom on and a new worry.  At three month mark I had a negative Test by ICMA and one by RNA detection.  I had another negative test at four months.  I am now at five months and am still having enlarged lymph nodes and coated tongue that looks like it has been snow covered in the morning.  I also have what looks like candidiasus erythematous on my soft palate and have from about a month after my trip.  It seems to be finally going away only after I started fluconazole a week ago.  I have had recurrent  canker sores numerous times since I came home.  I want to know if my tests could still be negative since my exposure would be a non b clade.  My mind is going crazy and heading down some crazy paths and I clearly need mental health counseling but hope that is it and not an HIV specialist.  I am again running around on the other side of the world and unable to test at six months and want to know if I can relax.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Tags: HIV, worry, test
Hello

The tests show that you are HIV negative. The symptoms you list, whatever they are, are not HIV. The tests you have had prove that beyond any doubt at all.

best wishes, Sean