HIV - International Expert Forum
Ladyboy prostitute (Oral sex and breast milk)

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Please doctor help me! I am an Asian heterosexual male in the early 20s and I just got back from my trip to Pattaya, Thailand.

I honestly did not know she was a ladyboy prostitute until I asked her to take off her clothes.. She performed an oral sex on my genital without condoms on (before she took her clothes off) but I read some articles that chances of transmitting HIV through oral sex is very small so I am not too worried about that. However, what's making me really worried is her breast milk. I gave her an oral sex with my tongue on her nipples for a few minutes then later on, when I asked her if she was a ladyboy she squeezed her nipple a little and very very small amount of breast milk came out, (she wanted to prove me that she believes she is a girl). I can't remember if she wiped it out or not but at some point, she asked me to kiss her nipple from which breast milk came out and I did (a very light kiss though). Also I do not know if breast milk was discharged during an oral sex. I may or may not have swallowed it. I just can't remember clearly. We did not perform an anal sex at all after I found out that she was a ladyboy.

I did not ask her whether she was an HIV infected but she told me she has been a ladyboy prostitute in Pattaya for about 3 months. And my main question would be my chance of getting an HIV from her through such an oral sex on her nipples and on my genital and swallowing a small amount of her breast milk, assuming that she is an HIV infected.

I strongly regret that I made such a mistake and I made a promise to God after she left my room that it would be my last time ever to sleep with a ladyboy or prostitute or anyone I do not love. Please I am very worried and I still have to wait a very long time until I hit a 3-month mark from my exposure. I haven't been able to get a good night sleep since the day I made this mistake.. I would highly appreciate your help.

Thank you for taking your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Good Morning

I think the risk here is very small indeed if at all. Obviously if she was HIV negative then there is no possible risk and the likelihood is that she is HIV negative because most people are negative.

There are certainly reported cases of HIV being transmitted through breast milk but I would draw a distinction between a transexual male to female with artificial external oestrogen induced breast development and some fluid leakage and the milk produced in copious quantities after delivering a baby. I am guessing to a degree but I would suggest these are very different scenario's.

I am not aware of any cases of transfer of HIV in the manner you worry about.

You can test at 28 days using a combined HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibody test with p24 antigen which will be accurate or at 6 weeks using a modern 3rd generation HIV antibody test.

I think you will be fine.

very best regards, Sean
Thank you doctor! I am far relieved now although I am still a bit worried... I was going to ask you about how risky giving and receiving oral sex is without condoms on but I just read some of your comments to other people's inquiry regarding this issue and I think I got an idea.

It might be a misconception but I just happened to think that because she was a ladyboy, she was more likely an HIV positive.. Would you have any comment on this?

I am sure I will try those tests at 6 weeks. Thank you once again!
Hello again,

I appreciate your concerns regarding the fact that she was a ladyboy but I don't know of accurate stats that might help us with this question.

However, I think even in the worst case scenario, if she was positive, then the risk is still tiny.

best wishes, Sean