HIV - International Expert Forum
Only one second

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Only one second

Hi doctor,I'm a man,Last 3 weeks,my penis slipped into a sex service woman's in accident. But only one second,is it ok?Thank you very much.
Hello

I am so sorry there's been a delay in responding.

This would seem to be a very low risk episode because of the time that you were in contact.

I doubt very much whether there was anything risky here. That said, I'm afraid it certainly is possible to acquire diseases such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis via this sort of contact. It is very unlikely but it is possible.

I think that I would suggest that you test for these conditions after a minimum interval of 2 weeks for chlamydia ad gonorrhoea and 4 weeks for syphilis.

I do not think that HIV is a major risk here but if you wish to be certain then you should test at 28 days using a 4th generation HIV test.

kind regards, Sean
I just put my penis into the woman's vagina one second without any protection,and I take it out immediately.and then during the whole process ,I had the protection.
I'm afraid of that is the one second safe?
Because that one second,I had not protection,is it safe?
Thank you very much for your reply!
And now I had test at 3 weeks using a 3rd generation test,it is negative! Is it useful?
Now I am still very nervous about my behavior! I can't do anything everyday!
Could you please analyze why the risk is low,and is the infective dose not enough or the time is not enough to be infected(how much time is enough)!
At last, I am very afraid to have test again.I want to know is it possible to not to test again?
Thank you very much for your reply!
Hello I don't know how to post my own question but I was wondering if a syringe is submerged into water with some blood on it and then another person drinks it or uses another syringe with the same water, can you get HIV that way? Thank you.
Hi doctor,could you please give me the answer again?I am so worried about it.Thank you very much!
And doctor,I want to mention that at the 28th day,I had the test by 3rd generation test,it is negative.