HIV - International Expert Forum
Oral Sex and 6 weeks post PN symptoms Please help me...

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hi Doctors,

47 Days ago (6 weeks) I sadly caved in and had sex with a Sex Worker in Switzerland. It was a moment fueled by alcohol and emotional issues at home. Naturally the guilt has been ripping me apart over the past weeks, I'm an emotional wreck. The occasion itself was one that consisted of portected vaginal sex, and unprotected Oral on both parts (me to her and visa versa) there was also a very short instance where she used her finger to stimulate my anus.
My concern now is that around 2.5 weeks after the contact I begun experiencing tingling and burning sensations in both my arms, hands, and fingers. I've had bad pain in both knees which comes and goes but the tingling in my hands and fingers is pretty much daily. The only other symptoms I've had has been an infalmmed throat (slight ulcers at the back of the tounge) and some minor irritation under both arms. The body pains I have are generally very symetrical. I've also had some diarrhea which has been on and off but not constant  with no high fevers at all.

I've done a total of 5 HIV tests now (I Know this is OTT) all have been Negative up to now. The last being yesterday (46 Days) and it was a Duo P24 Antigen & Antibody test with the results in 20min. All the tests I have down have been that of the Duo tests. (4 week - Neg, 4 Week Neg) I'm plannng to do another on 8 weeks and then 12 weeks.

I'm currenty seeing a therapist to help me through this and am on anti Depressants for my anxiety but my life has literally just done a 360 degree turn and I'm just lost. I'm abolutely terrified of contracting HIV and loosing my partner.

Can you offer me any advise on the above?
1. are the tests I've done with neg results a good sign that I'm most likely not infected?
2. why would I have these symptoms continuously? I've read that they can be related to HIV

Any advise would be most appreciated. Thank you so much!!
Firstly I would like to say that your sexual encounter would have not put you at any significant risk of HIV infection.  And to confirm this, you have had negative HIV test results, which are final and fully conclusive.  I can assure you without any doubt that you are HIV negative, and that your symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.  I beleive that they could be related to stress and anxiety.  However if they persist you should consult with a doctor to elicit what might be the cause.  It is not related to HIV.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Just to correct my original post :

''All the tests I have down up to now have been that of the Duo tests P24 Antigen & Antibody with results of 4 week - Neg and 6 Week Neg. I'm plannng to do another on 8 weeks and then 12 weeks.''

Hi all, getting a little worried here, woke up this morning with both hands being numb, mild Nausea and my vision is blurry most of the time.... please could you provide me with some adive/feedback..

Thank you so much
Many thanks Dr José, that does makeme feel allot more confident now.

Have a great weekend.
Regards
Leigh