HIV - International Expert Forum
PEP Testing

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

PEP Testing

Hello Dr. Jose,

Completed PEP for 28 days after a condom break during anal sex; I was top.  At the 2 months post pep mark, I took a PCR HIV-1 DNA and elisa test...both results were negative.  At the 3 months post pep mark, I had an HIV antibody test...the results are negative.  Is this conclusive?  I am so stressed out!
Thank you for your post.
yes, the negative results are conclusive.  You have not been infected with HIV.  You are HIV negative without any doubt and you do not need to have any further test.  You need to forget about it and move on now.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you for responding.  It has been a long four months of worrying and not knowing what direction my life would end up.
can one contact hiv while on pep, after a breif exposure?