HIV - International Expert Forum
Possibility of HIV contraction?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Possibility of HIV contraction?

Hello Doctor. I visited a famous strip bar in London in January where I met two women. These women, hired by the bar, started chatting and touching. After some time of sitting very close to me, they stripped for me. There was frequent touching involved but the following needs to be considered:

1. One of the women claimed that she works in the porn industry
2. There was no touching of the private parts
3. There was no kissing and no form of any sexual contact involved
4. However, I remember that a tiny drop of that woman's saliva (the one from the porn industry) flew on to my cheek when she was talking to me
5. When these two women were dancing nude, they sat on my lap a few times but I was fully clad (jeans)

After this I left the club and I have since been extremely anxious about HIV risk. Exactly 40 days after this encounter, I got tested for HIV as I moved to a gulf country and HIV testing is mandatory here. I got an all clear result but somehow I am still anxious. I am not sure what testing mechanism is employed. Please note that I got my HIV testing result after one day.

Is there anything to worry or am I being paranoid?

Thanks,

Thank you fro your post.
I can assure you that a situation like the one described would have not posed any risk to you at all whatsoever, and certainly no risk of HIV infection.  You need to relax and forget about it.  No risk whatsoever; no need to have any tests.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thanks Dr Jose. I forgot to add that I have been experiencing sore throat for the past 5 days and antibiotics have not helped. But again your answer has comforted me. I am assuming that sore throat takes about 10 odd days to go anyway? Apologies for the repeat question but the reason I came to the forum  was that I had nobody to consult and this has been killing me from inside for the past few days despite a negative testing as mentioned in my original post.
Dear Dr Jose

Apologies for the follow up on my question yesterday but I will greatly appreciate if you could address my final concern. I know you are busy and have already addressed my question but as humans we do get concerned. I also wanted to add that I don't remember if those strippers grinded themselves on my crotch and if tHey did is there any risk? Just to reiterate I was fully clad at that time.
Hello doctor. I forgot to add to my post today that despite taking a course of antibiotics which was azithromycin for three days, my sore throat still persists. All these are adding to my anxiety. I will not be posting any further messages and will appreciate if you could keep the whole thing in perspective, including my original post. Thanks for your guidance.