HIV - International Expert Forum
Possible HIV exposure - Please help

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Possible HIV exposure - Please help

Hi Doctor

Around 10 days back I got massage on my penis from a sex worker. Before massaging me she put a wet towel
which I think she had used to wipe her vagina and removed the towel applied some lotion(maybe body lotion)
and masturbated me. In the meanwhile I fingered her ***** as well. I am worried that me masturbating
after fingering her might pose a threat of spreading HIV(If she had HIV, She being a csw chances are high).
Also I am unaware whether she had massaged anyone else before me. I am very tensed of the threat of having contacted HIV.

4-5 days after the incident I am having slight fever with some tiredness and it has persisted for 3 days.
Also am experiencing loose stools since today. Had been to a doctor he told I do not have flu but looks
like a viral infection.
Do I need to go for HIV testing? Now I am very tensed of HIV having passed on.
I am planning to ge a test done using the home testing kit.

Now, lets get some things straight shall we?!

1) You will  NOT acquire HIV infection from your activity you have described.

2) the fingering does NOT pose a risk to you

3) whatever happened to the towels is irrelevant

4) you do NOT need an HIV test in respect of this episode

5) a home HIV test is not appropriate because a) they are unreliable b) even if they were reliable you would need to wait until 3 months c) you don't need one anyway.

Best wishes, Sean
Thanks for the assurance Dr Sean . But I have flu like symptoms,.
I first faced this symptoms 4-5 days after this incident and I had mild fever with tiredness, but no cold.
It seemed to have subsided after a couple of days, but now it looks like I have slight fever with diarrhea. Are you sure these are not symptoms of ars?
A related discussion, HIV exposure to damp hot towel was started.