HIV - International Expert Forum
Possible transmission

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Possible transmission

Hi -

I spent the night last night at my friend's friend's house and I do not know this person that well.  All 3 of us were drinking and I ended up sleeping over at this persons house (no sexual contact at all) and in the morning I noticed that I used one of their contact lenses cases.  I wasnt even aware that he wore lenses...I do not remember if i rinsed out or what...i would assume perhaps that this was an extra of his but lets say it was contact solution that his contacts were in and he was positive, is it at all possible for me to have been infected? I didnt see any blood or anything in the solution in the morning.   I did not share his contacts, I put mine into a contact case that may or may not have had old solution in it...I do not recall if I put new solution in it.  But they were my contacts in the case.
No, it is impossible to become infected with HIV that way.  No need to be concerned, and certainly no need to get tested.
Best wishes,
Dr José