HIV - International Expert Forum
Protected sex
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Protected sex

I had protected vaginal intercourse with a prostitute, I have had little bumps on my shaft since I was like 15. Some are are bigger then some are small, some almost look like a white head, some a little hole until you stretch the skin out. My concern is vaginal fluid getting on these bumps, do they put me at higher risk of infection where the condom didn't not protect (bottom of my shaft/ beginning of my sack?) Also after my encounter, I was treated for prevention of an STD's and was given 2 shots of penicillin and 2 weeks worth of doxycycline. The side affects of those and my anxiety is making me feel some of the (symptoms!) which has spiked my anxiety even more. Should I be concerned? What are my risks here?
1024580_tn?1331577721
Hello,
Thank you for your post.
A situation like the one you have described would have not put you at risk of HIV infection, even in the presence of this bumps on the shaft of your penis.  You are not at risk of HIV provided the head of the penis was covered by a condom.  Therefore no risk, and no need to get tested.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth
London,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker