HIV - International Expert Forum
Responsible procedure

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Responsible procedure

Dear Doctors, to make this short: Exposed through one minute insertive oral intercourse with unknown promiscous lady in Northern Europe (swinger club girl often having unprotected oral with strangers, but condom-protected intercourse), but not a CSW. Living in a relationship. I know this is low but perhaps not no risk? Planning to take a combo (antigen/antibody) test after four weeks and then resume normal sexual activity with my partner. Went on doxy (100 mgx2) when this happened, doing this a few more days. 1) Does this sound like a responsible plan from a HIV-perspective? 2) Would the doxy take care of most bacterial stds? 3) If I got gonorrhea with less sensitivity to doxy, would symptoms emerge when I quit the doxy? 4) I have received two hep-b shots, could I take the third one now (three days after this experience) and presume that chances of getting hep are negligible?

Best regards, Rolf from Sweden.
Hello Rolf,
From the point of HIV infection, you have not put yourself at risk after an unprotected blow job.  Therefore there i no need for you to be tested for HIV.
as follows, let me reply to your questions:

1) Does this sound like a responsible plan from a HIV-perspective? IT IS RESPONSIBLE, MAINLY FOR PEACE OF MIND EVEN THOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO HAVE THE TEST.
2) Would the doxy take care of most bacterial stds?  DOXYCYCLINE WOULD ONLY BE EFFECTIVE AGAINST CHLAMYDIA, MYCOPLASMA AND UREAPLASMA; NOT AGAINST GONORRHOEA, GARDNERELLA OR TRICHOMONA.  HOWEVER LESS LIKELY FOR YOU TO HAVE CONTRACTED THESE BEARING IN MIND THAT IT WAS A BLOW JOB AND YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS LIKE URETHRAL DISCHARGE OR PAIN.  SYPHILIS WOULD NOT RESPOND TO THIS EITHER.
3) If I got gonorrhea with less sensitivity to doxy, would symptoms emerge when I quit the doxy? GONORRHOEA WOULD USUALLY CAUSE SYMPTOMS.  YOU COULD TAKE 400 MG OF CEFIXIME AS A SINGLE DOSE.  THIS WOULD TREAT GONORRHOEA JUST IN CASE.
4) I have received two hep-b shots, could I take the third one now (three days after this experience) and presume that chances of getting hep are negligible?
NO RISK OF HEP B THIS WAY.  HAVE THE THIRD JAB ASAP.

If your going to have a HIV Duo test at 4 weeks anyway, make sure that you get a syphilis serology at the same time.
Best wishes,
Dr Jose
I was in the far east this past month. I got drunk, and for the first time, I had sex with a commercial sex worker. she gave me oral and i performed vaginal and anal on her. but for 10 minutes, after which i came to my senses and sent her on her way. I passed out afterwards in my hotel. This happened on the 23rd of Jan.
I came back to my country on the 27th of Jan, and my throat was hurting. Swallowing was becoming a problem, and I had a very slight fever. It is the 3rd of Feb now. I have experienced, muscle soreness, sore throat, (the temperature subsided after a couple of days) nausea, weakness, I get a cough every now and then, but it could be because of smoking regularly. I feel cold and then warm sometimes.
There has been no rash, no diarrhea, no cold sweats, although I feel cold randomly, and warm randomly.
Could I have contracted the deadly virus?
I got a ELISA test done on the 30th of Jan (6 days after the supposed encounter) and it came out negative, but what of the window period. Could I have contracted something else? What are these symptoms for? I am VERY Worried. I am only 26.