HIV - International Expert Forum
Risk and worry

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Risk and worry

I was away and met two guys we just kissed and mastubated one had his finger in my bum - this continued and one of the guys came away with me and we doing very much the same he then pulled me toward him and wanted to have sex which I refused he kept rubbing against me and asking the same thing which I refused. I have never done anal sex and keep asking myself was did he get the tip of my  penus in as he rubbed on me does it just go in so easy. He did spit on his hands and played with me also . This was on Nov 14th and I have started with a whole load of problems first thing was a patch on my leg the size of my hand which is numb and continues to be . On the 22nd I felt rough with a bad head ache and on the 23rd it continued to get worse like sinus type headache and my legs and arms felt numb and weak also nautious the following day the same today so far better but maybe a little stomach upset is this the infection part I am really scared. I asked the forum a question some tome ago and the advice was good and I tested fine as the forum told me .I have also a tongue that has splits in but does not bleed does this cause kissing to be risky.
Hello Matt

Relax, I think you will be absolutely fine and I do not believe you will become HIV positive this way.

It is unlikely that you could have penetrated this other guy without being fully aware of it, especially as you say since you were unfamiliar with this activity.

I think that you should go and get some general STD tests done at your local clinic. I don't know where in the world you are but I would suggest that to relax you further and calm your nerves that you do have an HIV test performed.

I would recommend an HIV DUO / HIV COMBO - these are available worldwide and give excellent reliability and accuracy at 28 days or so after an event.

I do not believe you are HIV positive and am suggesting that you have the test only to reassure you.

very best wishes, Sean
Doctors

Please can you give me an opinion am going crazy with night sweats and swolen neck now. Also if the guys I kissed had been doing oral before i kissed them does that alter my risk

Matt
i am in the UK and thinking of coming to you - I am especially nervous about this and think now with what you have said it will help . Can a normal virus or anxiety cause all this - perhaps that is a good thing and make me come to my senses .

Thankyou
The swollen neck made me coat feel tight on my throat like it was choking me but went in a day . also all my muscles were tight and it ffelt stiff to swallow  is this more likely anxiety symptoms would lymph nodes make your neck an inch biggar and your coat collar so tight it makes it uncomfortable. sorry to keep asking but this is so scary

Matt

Please if you could just answer my last post as I am very anxious and today my glands in the neck are up and down again -  the first time I noticed this  tightness was my coat would not fasten collar too tight with the symptoms above  . Am looking for rashes all the time worrying about every little symptom. Neck feels tight again I think I now have the start of a cold maybe but am now 17 days since . I realise that you said I would be ok and to test for reassurance. But the time between now and 28 days is killing me.Do you get all the symptoms at once or do they come and go.

Sorry

Matt