HIV - International Expert Forum
Risk of HIV ?

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Risk of HIV ?

Dear Dr,

I went to visit a brothel last night, and I am extremely concerned that I might have exposed myself to HIV. below are a few questions  I have for you, thanks for your valuable time.

1. We kissed but tongue contact lasted only about 3 seconds and I backed off. Was there a chance of contraction? My lips were a bit dry but not bleeding

2. She sat on my thighs naked at one point, and I noticed a very minor cut on my thigh ( think it was dry already and not bleeding ), assuming that her vagina came to contact with this minor cut, was there a chance of contraction?

3. At one point she sat on my thighs and grinded my penis for about 5 seconds before I told her to stop. ( I had my underwear on, but mens underwear mostly only have buttons connecting to the cotton which covers the penis area, but the buttons were certainly closed and my penis was not exposed I guess) was there any chance ?

4. She performed only oral sex ( with condom On). I did not penetrate her. Overall, with all the things added up. Did I expose myself to any danger to HIV?

Thank you very much for your valuable time
Thank you for your post.
The answer to all your four questions is NO.  None of those situations would involve any risk of HIV infection and therefore there is no reason for you to be concerned.  There isn't even the need to get tested.
Your symptoms have absolutely nothing to do with HIV.  It is impossible to get any symptoms so quickly after.
Kind regards,
Dr José
Doctor

So sorry that I left out an important symptom in the question,hope you would also answer this part. Three hours after I encountered the above contacts. I slept and woke up to find that I was night sweating. I was extremely scared that it may be a symptom to contracting HIV. Is night sweating after such exposure a symptom?

Thanks a lot and these are my final questions.
Hey there!

I wouldn't be at all concerned that you've contracted HIV.  None of the scenarios you have described would put you at any risk of infection.  

As for the night sweats- this is almost certainly not related to HIV.  Even if you had contracted HIV, which I'm convinced you have not, it is very, very unlikely that symptoms would arise that quickly (more likely to take a few weeks).