HIV - International Expert Forum
Scare of HIV Transmission with semen touch on my opening anus

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hi Doctor,

Doctor HHH gave his answer which calm me down a bit but still anxious as he said no significant risk? that would mean i still have risk for transmission? I know he gave me his utmost expertise advice. Here is the exposure.

I am 32 years old male live in Vietnam and married with two kids. Always have protected sex outside my marriage relationship. I am dead scare of incidence that happened to me two weeks ago where my colleague and I went for massage in Ho Chi Minh City, VN. In the room with CSW, once i lied down on the bed i touched condom of last clientel of which may be left there for almost 5-10 minutes (i think) or so and it touched my leg. I had protected oral sex throughout until ejaculation and no sexual penetration at all with CSW. What concern me the most was that CSW picked the condom up of last clientel with her bare hand throw it to the rubbish bin, i should ask her to clean her hand before she touched my anus few seconds later. Here are some of the burining questions that i have:

(1) Am i at risk of HIV tranmission if the genital fluid (i.e., semen) of the last clientel on her fingers (still wet) then touch my on opening anus (but not into the anus) for about 30 seconds- 1 minute? Is HIV ever transmit with contaminated fluid on opening anus? Reason is that i went to see local doctor and he told me that if it still wet, it is infectious. is that true?  

(2) I went for the HIV blood test (HIV 1 & 2 Antibodies screening) yesterday it is two weeks after exposure, if test come out negative does it reliable for two weeks period? and i do another test in the next 6 weeks. I had my HIV blood/STD test two times in the last 6 months of which all the tests all came out HIV negative.

(3) shall i continue to have sex with my wife without concern? Am i put her at risk?

(4) Two weeks after exposure i had a sore throat and swollen nodhes on my right groin and under my jaw? Is this related to HIV infection?

You've described an event which really is of no consequence at all.

You asked:-

This is some bizarre nightmare fantasy thing you have going on inside your head. There is no evidence that this actually happened. You are fearful it did but actually nothing at all seems to have happened apart from a massage in a grubby environment. I do not belive that you were put at any risk at all.

No, an HIV antibody test at 2 weeks post suspect event is not good enough and will not give you a reliable answer. However, again, I would say that in your case you did not have an event of any interest and were not exposed.

Thats a question for you. By the sound of things you are having sex outside your relationship quite a bit - in which case you need to take care of both your wife and yourself. My constant theme is that if you are "cheating" then you need to be sure you do not put anyone else at risk.

No - I don't believe there is anything that has exposed you to HIV. I think you have made most of this up in your over-active and over-anxious imagination. Best wishes, Sean