HIV - International Expert Forum
Scared, helpless, and a nervous wreck

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Scared, helpless, and a nervous wreck

On September 20th, I had sexual intercourse with a man and a condom was used but he performed oral sex on me and then took off the condom for a few minutes and pulled out during ejaculation. A month later I was diagnososed with hsv2, yet me being the idiot. I continued to see this man. I was diagnosed with hsv2 because I had a burning senation on my skin, tingly feeling in my right hand, and this was first misdiagnosed as a yeast infection, then bv, and finally the doctor decided to test me for hsv2 and the results came back positive at igg 4.1. I still saw this man but we used a condom everytime, no oral sex without a condom on him and none of myself. We kiss deeply and I was told that HIV can be spread through deep kissing.  Also, I had vaginal bleeding upon penetration of intercourse a couple of times after. About a month ago, I started develop a senation on my tongue and throat, also I had pain from my ears so I went to the doc and they said it was drainage in my ear so they prescribed me antibiotics. Symptoms persisted but I waited to go to the doc but was tested for HIV 15 weeks past exposure of 1st sexual intercourse and only time unprotected and results came back non-reactive.

Lately, I have noticed red dots looking like acne around my forehead and one on my nose. I've also had a smooth tongue is what the doctor said and I'm waiting to hear back on if this could be a deficiency. I have red spots on the back of my mouth and uvula.

I went to the emergency room because I had chills, temp of 99.4, sneezing, runny nose, pain in ear, tongue problems and was negative for strep and flu. I'm worrying myself so bad that I'm making myself sick or is this ARS?  

Do I have HIV? Please help me, I'm so terrified and scared. I don't know what to do. The testing I had done, the results were given to me the same day and this was done by blood. Should I stop worrying or do I need to be concerned? Is testing at 15 weeks conclusive?
Tags: HIV
A negative HIV test at 15 wees is totally conclusive.  And I believe that the only unportected penetration happened then.  All the other sexual practices were safe, other than the oral sex, which would not involve any real risk of HIV infection.  I assume that there was no ejaculation in your mouth.  I can assure you also that kissing does not pose any risk of HIV at all whatsoever.  However it is important that you get tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea of your throat as that might explain some of your symptoms.  
In summary, I do not believe that you have got HIV.  My advice to you is for you to ask this man to get tested, especially if you are going to continue seeing him.  That way, if he is negative, you do not need to worry at all whatosever.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you Doctor. I had my b12 and CBC come back normal. Lately, I've been experiencing night swears and I end up getting cold and shaking. I'm so terrified and this burning sensation is my mouth has been ongoing for a few weeks or so. I'm still having ear pain as well, would too recommend an ear, throat and nose specialists? I'm making myself sick :(
I meant to say would seeing a specialist be the next step?