HIV - International Expert Forum
Sex w/prostitute (and fingering) + symptoms

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my question.
4.5 weeks ago I had an encounter with a prostitute. She performed oral sex to me and then we had vaginal sex. Before the oral sex, she put a condom in me.
After some minutes of intercourse, she gave me oral again, this time inserting a tip of one of her fingers in me. I cannot say if she was masturbating herself during oral, and if there was any vaginal fluid in her finger. Let me say that at the time I had a skin irritation around the anus area, with itching, in case this matters. Then we went for more vaginal intercourse. I did not came during all this time, and so the condom was still in me since the beginning.
Finally, after I came out of her, she took the condom from me (it was still in place and seemed intact) and she finished with a hand job.
1. Do you see any risk in the activities I described above?
2. Since I started to worry about this a short time after, on the 21st day I did a 4th generation AB / AG P24 combo test which came back negative. What is the degree of confidence of this test at the 21st day mark?
3. Since this past weekend I’ve been feeling some pain, intermittent and tingling, under my armpits and upper arms, and also some slight pain and stiffness in the neck. No fever. Can this be a valid symptom for hiv infection.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks again.
Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.
I will answer each of your questions here below:
1.) I do not think so.  The oral and the penetration were both protected and that is safe.  The anal fingering is unlikely to have put you at risk of anything, other than common infections like rectal Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea, if she had some vaginal fluid in her finger and had one of these infections.  Other that that, I would not think that there was any other risk, and certainly no risk of HIV infection at all.
2.) This negative result is highly reliable and reassuring, but not fully conclusive.  However this does not matter as you did not have any HIV risk and test was not even required in the first place.
3.) No, this is not a typical symptom of HIV sero-conversion.  It is most likely to be related to stress and anxiety.
best wishes,
Dr José