HIV - International Expert Forum
Sharing Massage Oil during Handjob

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Sharing Massage Oil during Handjob

Hello Doc. I am from India. I visited a body massage parlour 2 days back. Girl was using warm oil in a bowl and taking it by dipping her hands into it & then massaging onto the body. The parlour was clean & as such the girl also looked clean. After 45 min of body massage she went out & got another bowl of massage oil since earlier one got finished. She again massaged for 5-10  min  & then she asked if I wanted hand job. To which I said yes then she took hold of my penis with one hand & poured quite warm oil directly on my penis from top & proceeded to give me a hand job by dipping her hands again in oil bowl. I did glance on the palms of girl but could not see any cut or rashes.
Now I know that no one has ever got HIV from hand job but my only worry is since i did not see her directly pouring the oil from a fresh bottle and she was using already filled bowl with warm massage oil, supposing same bowl was used for giving hand job to some one else & since the girls are used to dipping their hands in bowl & then massaging so there is a chance that oil may be contaminated with other persons precum or semen or may be even traces of blood.
If that be the case, is there any risk of transmission of HIV or any other STD??
I had read somewhere that HIV & other STD viruses are very fragile & cannot survive toxic ness & warmness of oil even for few minutes, Is that correct??
Please reply as I am really worried as I know I should have insisted on fresh oil being poured in front of me only...
Do i need to lookout for any symptoms & do I need any testing?
Thank you for your post.
This situation as described, even under the theoretical circumstances mentioned, would have not put you at any risk of HIV or any other STD.  It is completely safe.  Therefore there is no need for you to worry, and no need for you to get tested.
Best wishes,
Dr José
I forgot one more thing.. Before handjob she also rubbed by buttocks by pouring oil on to it & rubbing some of which may have gone onto my anus as well. Is that any risk if the oil is contaminated.. Sorry I could not write my thoughts in one go as I am worried. Hope you will understand...