HIV - International Expert Forum
Some question about secretion

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Some question about secretion

Hello,Doctor. I have back to the forum for one problem that my friends asked me about. I thank that the forum and the experts tell us the truth about HIV and STD. I introduce the forum to my friends and translated the articles to Chinese and share my friends who can't read English.
  My friends have same worry that when they toke off the condom, little secretion may be left the penis. It is hard to avoid. Can it result to any risk of STD or HIV? My answer is nothing, but they always worry about it. Am I true?
Think you so much!
Thank you for your post.
It would be highly unlikley to contract any STDs, and certainly not HIV, due to those secretions.  We could say that there is a theoretical risk of one of the common STDs (Chlamydia, Gonorhoea, NSU, etc), if some infected vaginal fluid came into contact with the urethra.  However I still believe this to be quite difficult.  No HIV risk though.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you very much! Your answer must pace my friends' mind. Thank you!