HIV - International Expert Forum
Strong kiss to skin cut

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Strong kiss to skin cut

I went to a strip club in 13/July in Toronto and I have lap dance with one girl and i touched here and kiss here strongly on her breast. What makes my worry that I remember a minor cut (line straight 2 cm long) on her breast skin, there was no bleeding but looks like healing. Especially at the end of the cut line. I do remember that I stupidly kissed the cut and play it with my tongue and maybe I also kissed the cut strongly like sucking (open mouth).

I’m scared from non visible blood or plasma or dry blood that I could catch in my mouth with no sense. I remember also that I asked here (is this hurt?).She says no. I did not see any liquid. Can the HIV be transmitted this way? With non visible blood or plasma. I don’t know how fresh the cut is.

Form week 2 to this date

- I have constant loose stool some time watery (I can hear more bowel movement also).
- I have almost constant nausea.
- I have lost 9 kg
- I feel that I have my urine more yellow than usual ( may be aside effect of xanax)
- I developed mild sore throat.

NO FEVER

I have tested 4 times for HIV, HEP B and HEB C

At week 6 Elisa 4 generation all comes negative
At week 9 ECLIA 3 generation all comes negative
At week 13 6 Elisa 4 generation all comes negative

I don’t know if the 4 generation 6 Elisa 4 generation is the same as DUO or not. But the doctor says it is very new and sensitive.The doctor has diagnosed me as depressed with panic attack and he put me on Prozac and xanax. This entire test has been done in Tunisia.
My question:

1- Can the tests done in Tunisia miss the HIV strain that been cached in Toronto
2- Do you see my symptom related to any STD
3- Should I test at 6 months ( I’m afraid  delay seroconversion due to double infection such as hep c and HIV)
4- Do you recommend PCR RNA at this time or CD4 blood analysis  
5- Is the Elisa test that I did is same as DOU or combo ?

I really have hard time to believe my tests with all this ongoing symptom.
Thanks Dr
Thank you for your post.  Your sexual encounter as described would have not posed any risk of HIV infection.  Let me answer to your questions here below:
1- Can the tests done in Tunisia miss the HIV strain that been cached in Toronto:  NO
2- Do you see my symptom related to any STD: NO
3- Should I test at 6 months ( I’m afraid  delay seroconversion due to double infection such as hep c and HIV):  NO
4- Do you recommend PCR RNA at this time or CD4 blood analysis: NO
5- Is the Elisa test that I did is same as DOU or combo ? I AM NOT SURE, BUT IF IT IS OF FOURTH GENERATION WOULD ALSO INCLUDE THE DETECTION OF THE P24 ANTIGEN, LIKE THE DUO.
IN ANY CASE, YOUR TEST AT 13 WEEKS IS FINAL AND FULLY CONCLUSIVE, EVEN IF IT WAS AN ANTIBODY TEST ONLY.

I can assure you that you are HIV negative without any doubt.
Best wishes,
Dr José

Dear Dr.Jose,

Thank you for your reply. I’m really appreciating your feedback and will NOT go in more questions. Just please answer may final questions to go out from this cycle.

Can the ARS last until week 14 starting at week 2 ?.
Can the ARS come and go. I.e. Some days i have nausea some days i feel gas in stomach but without nausea  est.?
How can I distinguish between my symptoms and ARS ?

I’m really in a cycle (symptoms, anxiety, test, relief) and I want to go out from this cycle.

I promises this is my final question and I hope the best for you too.

The answer to the first two questions is NO.
ARS Symptoms would happen at any time between two and six weeks form infection, not before and not afterwards, lasting not longer than 10-14 days, and over 90% of people who are sero-converting would experience the following symptoms at the same time: high fever, severe sore throat, and maculo-papular rash all over the body, mainly trunk.
Kind regards,
Dr José