HIV - International Expert Forum
Unportected Anal sex
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Unportected Anal sex

Hi Doc

I am very worried, I had unprotected anal sex for the first time with a shemale some 6-7 weeks ago. I have had a slightly sore throat off and on for 2 weeks now. I also had itchy burning skin to the shins and arms which lasted about 3 days.
Now nearly 7 weeks from the exposure I have now got 2 cold sores, and some mouth ulcers. I tend to get a cold sore when stressed or run down in the past but never more than one at a time.

I am waiting for the 8 week period to come road to get tested hoping that will be sufficient time to show up any positive results. Are you able to offer any information or advice? I can not stop stressing about it.
1024580_tn?1331577721
Hello,
Thank you very much for your post and apologies for not having replied sooner.
Receiving unprotected anal sex involves a significna trisk of HIV infection and as such I would advise you to get tested as soon as possible.  We cannot rely on symptoms, but if you get a negative result, we could at least conclude that they have had nothing to do with HIV sero-conversion.  If you get a HIV Duo or Combo test of 4th generation now, this will be conclusive and if negative, you will get peace of mind.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth
London,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker