HIV - International Expert Forum
Urgent help please

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Urgent help please

Hi doctor
I have had a sex with a lady with unknown history and it was unprotected sex this was last year may. After time a got seriously worried after I found some etchi red/ pink dots in my back side, I had flu after 2 months of that day and diahrria for three days. I went to the hospital and I test for all STD's and all found negative as my doctor said this could be syphillis (syphilis), the result was negative for syphilis. I went to another doctor he said this is just a kind of allergy. After three months I have done full blood test including STD's ( compo p24 and anti body ) test was negative however, my white blood count was low 2.6 and the avg is 4 to 11.  4 months later test repeated and all results were negative and with low WBC.  Same tests conducted after 6 months and all was negative with 3.3 avg of WBC. I got to know Elisa is best for HIV and I have done it after 6 & 8 months and were negative , dr.recommend for PCR and the result was not clear for me:
Results: < 20 Copies/mL
i.e. < 1.3 log copies/mL
i.e. < 34 UI/mL
i.e. < 1.5 log UI/mL
Interpretation: Threshold is estimated as 20 copies(1.3 log ) of HIV-1 RNA/mL of plasma. the linearity range up to 10000 00 copies/mL(log 7). The quantification Is homogenous For all sub Types of HIV group M and HIV-1 group O tested, but Is not applicable to HIV-2 . This test is exclusively Reserved for the Follow up Vairal load In HIV-1 serpositive Paitints.
I am seriously worried and I have the below questions:
1- does the low WBC is an indication of HIV, or does impact the test as the test can not detect the anti body because of low WBC ?
2- does the low WBC is an indication that my body fight with unknown virus and it could be HIV?
3- does the low WBC impact the window period ?
3- is the above conducted test enough or do we have to do another test ?

Please help me I am sooo tired ... I need answers all the websites are full of conflicting and confusing information ,
Thank you,
Hello

You have asked the following questions:-

No - your HIV tests are negative meaning that you do not have HIV. Some people have low WBC because of genetic variation or a different condition. But in you the fact is that you do not have HIV - this is proved beyond doubt by the negative HIV tests.

It could be a different virus - it could just be normal for you - but the HIV tests have proved you do not have HIV.

No - not at all.

You have had enough HIV tests now - you are HIV negative. If you are concerned about your white blood count then you need to see a haematology specialist - you do not have HIV.

Kind regards, Sean