HIV - International Expert Forum
What a mess....

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

What a mess....

Dear Doc,

So ai took a STD test recently 7/2 and have contracted Herpes 1 and 2 while everything else was negative.  However there are some lingering acts that are still alarming me because its not in the 2 week to 3 month window.  About 45 days ago I engaged in oral sex with someone outside my relationship, she also rebbed her vagina against my limp penis and I ejaculated all over myself.  Then I felt so bad about this that I stepped up my efforts to try and save my relationship and we got to talking and decided to work on having kids...so we had sex unprotected, please note that she had a clean bill of health at this point and I might of infected her with herpes...Should I worry about HIV even though my test came back negative?  I am so ashamed at myself.
Thank you for your post.
The sexual encounter, as described, would have not posed any risk of HIV infection to you.  Therefore I would not worry about HIV; in fact, your test was negative.  Herpes is a very different matter as it is common and highly contagious.  However most people can transmit it mainly only during an outbreak.  You have not mentioned that you had symptoms of herpes; therefore I assume that you have not had an outbreak.  If the test that you had for herpes was the blood tests for antibodies, it is possible that you have had for a long time, even before this sexual encounter.
Regarding HIV, no need to worry.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Thank you for your response Doctor.

What are the odds that I infected my partner if she was clean and I have it?

All I know is I am really devastated I have an appointment set up with my psychiatrist on 7/18.  I just hope there is no more problems moving forward.  It will be something I will be living with for  very long time.

I also forgot to ask you what tests I should repeat...
Doc?