HIV - International Expert Forum
hiv final testing

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

hiv final testing

I have been worried for over 3 months about my exposer with a needle stick from a person that I think may be hiv positive. I respect the med health forum and know that they have excellent doctors.  my questions are as follows. 3 days before my exposer 9needle stick) I was taking a steroid medicine(prondisolne). 4 mg per pill i took a blast pack for 6 days(6,5,4,3,2,1) I was also on steroid creams from time to time between my exposer and testing due to cut on my foot. I also went back on steroids (prondisolne for 6 days same as before 20 days before my test results using a third generation antibody test.my My test was negative at three and one half month. can on count on this test to be accurate or would all the medicine effect the result?
Thank you for your post and apologies for the delay to reply.
A negative antibody test is fully conclusive after 12 weeks of any possible exposure.  I do not believe that the steroids taken at those dosages would have affected your immune response to the point of affecting the reliability of that test.  Therefore you can be reassured that your negative test result is final and fully conclusive.
Best wishes,
Dr José
my question is can i really trust oraquick in home oral hiv test, my last exposure was protected sex with a csw in feb of 2012 that had herpes, i already tested 3 times with oraquick in this month of march and theyre all negative with one line. But ive seen alot of body changes like big red pimple like red bumps on my neck , sweaty legs when doin physical activity which never happened before , red eyes and little red veins on my face , can it all be stressed related or can i trust the oraquick in home test. Sometime i think it didnt catch the antibodys and anxiety kicks in my blood pressure is also at 170 please help
I dont know why and how stillworriedguy posted on my question> I know I need to wait up to 48 hrs for an answer.I know oth ou guys have a busy pratice and are very busy. Im just so worried about taking all the mediucan before my test I sure hope I can count on my negative result.