HIV - International Expert Forum
kidney discomfort
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

kidney discomfort

About 6 weeks ago I had protected sex with some one I just met.On pulling out my condom remained in her.There may have been contact with fluids for 30 seconds.
I feel perfect.However,1 week after i started having discomfort in my right kidney as if contisipated.In the past whenever I get discomfort i take a laxactive and the discomfort goes.
I am presently on a 3 week colon cleanser .I go ff 2 times per day yet I still have discomfort.

Can the kidney be affected within weeks of hiv infection?
Do you think I need to worry?
936016_tn?1332769204
Hello

It seems to me to be very unlikely that you would have HIV from the contact you describe - as the intercourse was protected - and of course the status of the lady concerned is not known but probably (because most people are HIV negative) she was HIV negative.

Your abdominal pain seems even more unlikely therefore to be related to the intercourse in any way - so I would suggest that if you continue to have discomfort you should visit your doctor and discuss the abdominal pain with him or her.

If you remain concerned about HIV then taking a 4th generation HIV DUO test at this point will give you a clear and accurate answer.

kind regards, Sean
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
936016_tn?1332769204
Dr Sean CummingsBlank
FreedomHealth
London,
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker