HIV - International Expert Forum
needing advise urgently

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

needing advise urgently

dear doctor, i have not been able to sleep or function normally these few days reason being i made two terrible mistakes. 1. on monday i engaged a sex worker and she only did oral sex(unprotected) on me. i have a minor gum problem front two teeth got abit bleeding and we kissed mouth to mouth, am i in any risk? 2. on wed i engaged another sex worker this time she did oral sex on me(unprotected) and we had protected sex. while we were patting she used her vaginal to lightly brush my.penis(not protected yet) for a few times and when she was putting on the condom on me i presses the tip of the condom to release the air out of the condom so it will be properly fitted as advised by durex. on thurs i started to feel pain when i urine and some small abbrasion on my penis neck area. i called three aids counsellor and they said i am low risk for hiv and high risk for std, they said i being over worried for asking to have PEP. i also consulted two specialist who said the same thing and one said if i am so worried then he will advise i take the pep. dear doctor, i hope u can advised me if i am at risk of.having hiv? i have a good life and wife, i really hated myself. i couldnt control my emotion everyday i cried. do you have patient who had similiar and turn out to be fine?
Thank you for your post.
Your sexual encounters as described would have not posed any risk of HIV infection and therefore there is no need for you to worry about HIV.  PEP is not recommended because of this.  The unprotected oral sex would have put you at risk of STDs including Chalmydia, Gonorrhoea, NSU and others, and your symptoms might correlate with this.  You need to get tested for these and get treated accordingly.
Best wishes,
Dr José
cause on thurs i had abbrasion on my penis area n urinal pain so i was worried whether it happened on thurs or much earlier the abbrasion was already there when i had tat encounter with sex worker on wed. do u think i in any std or hiv risk?
dear doc, if you were me, you wouldnt be worried about it? bleeding.gum n.abbrasion which u not sure happened after wed or was already there when the sex wprker service me.
dear doc, if you were me, you wouldnt be worried about it? bleeding.gum n.abbrasion which u not sure happened after wed or was already there when the sex wprker service me on wed.
I reiterate: no risk of HIV infection, but a risk for other STDs, which I would advise you to get tested for.
Kind regards,
Dr José