HIV - International Expert Forum
no finger nail - hiv risk from fingering

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

Hi Doctor.....

I had a recent exposure to a CSW.

I have a missing finger nail it recently came off... and the bed of my nail is fully exposed i.e no nail... it is a bit red and sore and sometimes bleeds.....

Yesterday i fingered a CSw.  I.e i put the finger with no nail in her vagina for a while.

My question is... assuming she had HIV and my finger has no nail and sore and bleeding a bit (not at time of exposure) would this pose any hiv risk.... can it be transmitted through the missing nail area.... note that it does bleed sometimes . and is cut a bit from when my nail came off.

Can the hiv vaginal fluid or blood infect my exposured cut and sore nail bed (no nail to protect) finger

Best regards

J
I think that the possibility of infection that way is highly unlikely, even though it is theoretically possible.  I have never come accross anybody becoming infected that way.  However you might want to be tested for your peace of mind only.
Best wishes,
Dr José
I dont need to test for peace of mind. Your qualified medical opinion is enough for me.

So if i can put this incident behind me... medically you dont think i need a test. That is correct. A test would ONLY be for peace of mind. NOT a real medical concern is that correct ?
ALSO because it is quite a rare wcenario of fingering with no nail... is there enough medical research done on this .......
Exactly.  On medical grounds, there would be no justification for you to get tested.
Kind regards,
Dr José