HIV - International Expert Forum
oral sex

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

oral sex

Dear Sir,
I had ACL surgery with Donor graft.

On May 12th, I gave a oral sex to a BBW. After that I saw little blood in my mouth cause of my teeth (Some times i get blood from teeth).
After 10 days, I was in the cold for 10 min (36f). evening I felt cold inside my body.
at 11 th day I saw some blister in throat and went to hospital they could not find what it is..but they called it as sore throat at that time i have a fever 99.6.

at 14th day, i had another blister in throat so went to hospital and discussed with docotor about my oral sex and asked her the possibility of testing. She said, my body should generate antibody's.If you test now you may get the right results.

At 14th -24th day, My back side of the neck and back side of the head was little sore/Stiff/(Not really pain but very sore..)..If I turn my head i get little pain in the neck. Also I got a back pain which is mild.
I also felt i don't have energy in my shoulders..

During these days, I was feeling so tensed,nervous and I can not think anything apart from HIV.

At 24th day I did HIV rapid test. it showed negative.  the women I gave oral got tested at her 4 weeks. she got her results -ve.
At 34th day I did rapid test (with the blood) got results in 15 min. and the results are -ve.
At  33rd day Did PCR DNA test  and results are
HIV-1 DNA NOT DETECTED,
HIV 1/O/2 Abs-Index Value <1.00
Index Value: Specimen reactivity relative to the negative cutoff.
HIV 1/O/2 Abs, Qual Non Reactive .

Do I still need further testing?

What are my chances of having HIV?

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to our HIV forum.
From the point of view of your sexual encounter I believe there has been no significant risk of HIV infection at all whatsoever, as it ws just oral sex and fingering, all considered safe from the HIV perspective.  In addition to this, you had a number of negative test results, which if all put together, one can certainly conclude that you arre HIV negative with total confidence.  Therefore I can confirm that you have not been infected and that you do not need any further testing.  However have you been tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea in your throat as that is certainly a real risk when performing oral sex?
Taking co-amoxiclav or having had an ACL donor graft operation do not have any impact on the test results.
Best wishes,
Dr José
She gave me Amox-CLAV  - I used it for 5 days. Does this impact on the Results?
My ACL Donor graft impact on my result?
Dear Dr,
I forgot mention one more thing, I fingered her vagina as well. I did suck and fingered until she cum.
Dear Dr Jose,
   I really appreciate your comments. Thanks a lot for your feed back. if she is Hiv+, Do I have risk?

I also did Chlamydia, Syphils and Gonorrhoea test at 4 weeks time. When do I need to test for that again?

Thanks again.
Dear Dr Jose,

Thanks again.
Dear Dr Jose,

Thanks again.
Dear Dr Jose,

Thanks again.
Hello

You are not HIV positive as Jose has said - irrespective of whether she was HIV positive or not. You did not do anything risky in the first place and your HIV tests are negative = your are HIV negative.

With respect to syphilis, depending on the test then 4 weeks is regarded as a good interval to test. If your test was an IgG / IgM test then you can regard yourself as syphilis negative - if the test was not this type of test then I would repeat it at 6 weeks (or more) after the event.

With respect to chlamydia and gonorrhoea Dr Jose has suggested that you have  THROAT swab for both of these. Having tests on your genitals will not identify either of these conditions in your throat - you need to have a THROAT swab.

best wishes, Sean
Dear Sir,
They did Troat Swab at 4 weeks for chlamydia and gonorrhoea  Do I need to repeat 6,9 and 12 weeks  for chlamydia and gonorrhoea  or Just for syphilis.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks again
for all those r Syphils, chlamydia and gonorrhoea = result came -ve with Swab test also.
Do you want me to do herpes test?
Now I just finished  my 6 weeks.