HIV - International Expert Forum
questionable vaginal exposure to cut

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

questionable vaginal exposure to cut
Hello, yesterday I was at a massage parlor and about 30 minutes before I went, I cut my finger on a jammed door.  The bleeding stopped ad i did not bandage it.  Durring the massage I rubbed the outside of woman's panties (with the noninjured hand) fairly vigorously, and pushed my finger into her vaginal area, but again on the outside of her panties. its possibe there was contact with vaginal fluid, but I am not sure, I never intserted my finger but it could have dripped through her panties.  Anyways, about 3-5 minutes after the massage I was getiing in the shower and I accidentally touched the  fresh cut on my right hand with the finger i'd massaged her vulva with (again staying on the outside of her panties.) I quickly washed out the cut with soap and water. Do i need to get a test, is there any risk of infection at all? My finger may have come into contact with a small amount of vaginal fluid but i do not know. Thank you!
Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.
There is no risk at all wahtosever, and certainly no risk of HIV infection, even under those circumstances in which your cut might have come into contact with vaginal fluids. Therefore you do not need to have any tests.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Even if i touched the cut within a minute or two of possible contact with small amount of vaginal fluid I cannot get HIV?  I dont understand
A related discussion, Vaginal fluid touched a fresh cut was started.