HIV - International Expert Forum
stressed and lost

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

stressed and lost

Dr. Sean or Jose 

Just over 9 weeks ago I received a massage in a massage parlor.  The girl gave me a hand job to completion.  She also took off her top and allowed me to touch lick / suck her breast for 20 seconds.  I did NOT taste milk.   

Two and a half weeks latter(perfect time for ars) started getting pain in my testicle.  I was given 10 days of doxy.  The pain is gone. Around the same time my testicle hurt i started having abdominal cramps, pain, and bloat.This problem has lasted for 7 weeks straight and counting!  

I went to GI Dr who is trying to work this out. He did full blood work, upper GI with small bowel follow thru and ultrasound of pancreas,  gallbladder and liver. All tests were fine.  He prescribed nexium.  If it doesnt work he will do endoscopy. I never have had such a problem.

Massage gal stated her youngest child was 17**

My questions are 

1. I didnt see or taste milk or fluid. (I dont think I missed it)  How risky was my behavior?

2.  Regardless of how risky my behavior was does my abdominal discomfort, cramping and loud stomach noises sound like ARS? 

3.  My hiv test was 9.3 weeks after exposure.  Did I even need a test? 

4. My symptoms started 52 days prior to my antibody test if it were ARS would my hiv antibody test have been positive? 

5. Can I safely sleep with my regular partner.  She tested negative when I tested?

6. Can I calm down?Thanks
hello,
Thank you for your post and welcome to our forum.  I will try to answer each of your questions here below:

1. I didnt see or taste milk or fluid. (I dont think I missed it)  How risky was my behavior? NO RISK AT ALL FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF HIV INFECTION

NOT AT ALL

YOU DID NOT NEED A TEST IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO HIV RISK.  YOUR NEGATIVE TEST CAN BE CONSIDERED CONCLUSIVE

EXACTLY.  THEREFORE THE TEST CONFIRMS THAT THE SYMPTOMS CANNOT BE OF HIV SERO-CONVERSION

5. Can I safely sleep with my regular partner.  She tested negative when I tested? THERE IS NO RISK OF YOU TRANSMITTING HIV TO YOUR PARTNER.

6. Can I calm down?Thanks . YES, YOU CAN AND YOU SHOULD.

7. Would ARS last 7 weeks?
NOT AT ALL. IT USUALLY LASTS 10-14 DAYS MAXIMUM.

Best wishes,
Dr José
Last question:

7. Would ARS last 7 weeks?

Thanks!
Thanks so much for your reply, my quick followup is:

GI Dr mentioned the next step is to look to see via endoscopy if maybe I have gastritis or ulcers.  Are those conditions indicative of ARS?

Thank you.

Thank you.
Happy MLK day.  Thanks so much for your reply,

One quick followup is:

8. GI Dr mentioned the next step is to look to see via endoscopy if maybe I have gastritis or ulcers.  Are those conditions indicative of ARS?

Thank you.
No, they are not.
Thank you doctor.   It's unfortunate that the U.S. does not have any sort of clinics like yours in London.   It's actually kind of sad and speaks to the state of this country as a whole.

All the best!!!