HIV - International Expert Forum
worried about my sympthoms

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to HIV exposure and risks, living with HIV, HIV prevention, HIV testing, HIV transmission, HIV treatment. All questions will be answered by a medical expert from FreedomHealth.

worried about my sympthoms

Dear Doctors,

I am white male, 40yo. I am uncircumcised.  

About 1 month ago, I had a mutual masturbation intercourse with 3 white males (individually, not 3 together) of about 28-35 yo. in Holland.

What we did was touching each other genitals and massaging them until ejaculation. As far as I remember my genitals were not in contact with their genitals or anuses, and definitely no penetration or oral was done. Only body-to-body contacts, like arms to arms, legs to legs. Neither their secretions came on my genitals (I am quite positive, but maybe there were a few drops).

By that time I had a small balanitis (I worry about this could be a problem) on the rim of my penis head. Though it was not bleeding, not an open sore I think.

I asked several times the guys before having intercourse whether they were infected and they told me no.

About three days ago I started to have muscle pain literally everywhere in my body. Not in the joints. The pain is there when I move. I also feel tired.

No fever so far. But I never had such symptoms before. Particularly, the pain is big when I touch temporal regions of my head and then move my fingers along the head to the back. Looks like it is a neurological pain. Looks like my nerves are sensitive. Also, the tips of my  fingers are  numb sometimes.

When I swallow or yawn, there is a muscle pain in my neck and jaws too. This pain is not similar to a throat pain (glands) when I get cold. Also, when I cough (in the morning after sleep) I have like a muscle pain in my chest.

I am very scared about the symptoms, Doctor.
Mutual masturbation would have not put you at risk of HIV infection at all whatosever.  You need to have unportected penetration, which did not happen.  Therefore I do not beleive that your sympotms have anything to do with HIV sero-conversion as there was no risk at all, regardless of the status of these men.  Therefore I do nto thnin that you need to worry about.  You could have a HIV test, for your peace of mind, as the result will be negative.
Best wishes,
Dr José
Dear Doctor, now I have developed a fever of about 37.3C.
No additional symptoms.
Doctor, also, I read this: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---International/Unprotected-anal-sex/show/1651843

The person developed symptoms very similar to mine. And you wrote they could be the ars. So, I am very scared.
To add, there were no issing, neither we used secretations for lubrication.
In addition, today I had some runny nose, sneezed a few times. This evening the temperature goes up. When the fever gets higher, the secretions from the nose are much less.
I had to take paracetamol to decrease my temperature. .
Still numbness in the fingers. Still no pain when swallow. The troat is sensitive but not when I have cold.
Doctor, I am very scared. Could you please give your assessment soon?  
Dear Doctor,
Still fever up to 38C. Numbness (like needles) in my fingers. Some muscles are painful, some bones on my head and face are sensitive when I touch them.
Yesterday no runny nose. Rare cough.
I heard hiv can cause neurological problems. I am deadly scared.
Dear Doctor,

Thank you very much for your reply. A few follow -up questions:

If I were your patient and visited your office, would you give me the same advice and let me go without test?

1. can balanitis seriously increase the risk even for mutual masturbation?

2. I am sure that big amount of thier sperm did not come in touch with my penis. But I can guess that some on their hands could be transferred. Also, I do remember that my hands were in contact with their sperm. Does it increase the risk?

3. I have almost normal temperature but still pain in muscles and tingling in my fingers. Typical for hiv?

Thanks.
One more question please. I have never had any sexual contact other than mutual masturbation outside my family. I always tried to stay safe.

Can I resume sexual contact with my g.f.?
Doctor, would you please reply to my two last posts? I do not have fever anymore, but severe numbness and tingling in my fingers. Have you ever seen such symptoms of ars?