HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
15 years after possible exposure
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

15 years after possible exposure

I have heard through grapevine that a male that I had an unprotected sexual encounter with had/has HIV.  This encounter was 14 - 15 years ago.  I honestly can not remember if I have ever been tested for HIV since I never really the risk was there.  I start researching on the internet, I have anxiety and have spent hours researching symtoms (symptoms) risks etc. I am scared to death to get tested and have a postive reading.  My history:
Rcvd routine care each year - all blood work is come back normal
Have 2 children up to age 10 with no major medical issues
Have donated blood about 5 times in the past 8 years (nothing ever came back)
My spouse of 13 years is a routine blood donor
Have genital herpes
The past year I have seen the doctor more than I have ever in the past
- experienced awful flu 01/2008 and have not felt 100% since then
- skin itching on scalp mostly then has moved to forehead
- some skin rashes - lace like rash on thigh 3 months ago and now seem to have little ingrown hairs on legs since then w/random white heads on skin that do not feel like a pimple but hard and sore but small
        - a few pin needle size broken blood vessles after it clears.  
- White coating on tongue with a break out of coldsore in roof of mouth once a month
- white spots on tonsils (most recently)
- tongue feels like it has been burned
- Skin burning from time to time on back with nothing visually there
I have been to the doctor with these complaints and leave feeling like it is in my head.  Although I have to say, I have only shared the burning skin, feeling sick all the time and the rash.  The Internal Med doc does not know what it is.  

did some bloodwork in 03/2008
Blood Cell Count - normal
Sed rate + C - reactive protein are normal
ANA = Negative = normal
"no evidence of infectious nor inflammatory disease.  
Seen a dentist the other day for routine care and he did not notice the white on the tongue, nor did I say anything.