HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
8 weeks results

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

8 weeks results

Dear Dr,
I had a protection sex with women in Nov,27 which was working in SPA center. I used condom but I did not remove it immediately and she continue doing my massage. after that she remove the condom with hot towel, and after 8 week in Jun 24 I had a antibody test for HIV1 and HIV2 in lab center. the test was performed using the BD probeTec(TM) Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
The result was non-reactive do I need to retake the test or other test? and what is my chance to have HIV?
Welcome to the forum.

As you were told on the community forum, this was a no-risk exposure for HIV and other STDs.  Condoms work, and it doesn't matter how they are removed after sex.

The standard HIV blood tests like the one you had are completely reliable 8 weeks after exposure.  You don't need another test.  Here is a link to a thread that explains why a 3 month test is often recommended, even though earlier testing is reliable:  

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/1704700  ;

The ProbeTec test for gonorrhea and chlamydia is done on urine or a urethral swab.  That test is valid any time more than 2-3 days after exposure, so you can be sure you don't have either of those STDs.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Thank you very much I was worried and scare for the past two month I forgot to mention that HSV1 result was positive can it effect my HIV results?
thank you again  
No.  No medical conditions have any effect on HIV testing, with the possible exception of a few very severe (life threatening) illnesses.
That mean I don't have to worry about it at all??
What do you mean by possible exception ?
"That mean I don't have to worry about it at all?? "  CORRECT.

"possible exception":  If you were on your death bed with terminal cancer or overwhelming infection, an HIV antibody test might be falsely negative.

That's all for this thread. Don't over-think it, and ignore any other questions about it that come to mind.  There is nothing you can add that would change my opinion and advice.  Do your best to put this event behind you and move on with your life.