HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Afraid these might be signs of something bad.. Please tell me I'm ...

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Afraid these might be signs of something bad.. Please tell me I'm OK

I'm so worried.  Literally 5 weeks ago to this day, I went to see this "dominatrix / wrestler"

She ended up giving me a handjob which I know doesn't put me at risk of anything, but at one point (without even asking me, she began sitting on my face with her vagina and was trying to force my tongue inside it to pleasure her, I kept grunting no but she thought it was part of the experience for me.  Now I regret it and will never do it again.  

She kept reassuring me after that she is clean and just got tested a week earlier but I don't know if HIV was one of the things she tested for.  She's been doing this thing for over 20 years.  She kept telling me she was clean, but who knows what she does or if she lies.  She promised me she doesn't let anyone penetrate her and she does not give anyone fellatio.  However she does allow other men to give her cunnilingus (obviously).  I know she came back from overseas as she was "touring in India and England".

Now 5 weeks later I woke up today with a slight sore throat on the right side and fatigue and I feel tired/fatigued and a little chilly.  I even went to the doctor today but I didn't tell her about this experience, I just asked her to give me an STD test and she said another time because she thought I was just being OCD.

I'm scared that the 10 - 15 minutes of forced cunnilingus 5 weeks ago might have caused this.  I'm turning 23 next week and am in otherwise great health.  I for some reason also thought I spit a little blood out after the forced cunnilingus.  (I held in my spit and tried to not swallow as she was sitting on me)

Please tell me what you think!!!
Welcome to the Forum. The exposure you describe was virtually no risk and should not concern you.  Your partner told you that she did not have any STI and that should include HIV.  Remember, as a dominatrix, if she had an infection, she would have likely told you as part of the experience.  Most people do tell the truth about their HIV/STI status.  

More importantly, cunnilingus is a very, very inefficient means for HIV transmission.  There are one or two cases reported in which HIV MAY have been transmitted through cunnilingus but these cases are not definitive. If it occurs at all, the risk of any single exposure is less than 1 infection per 10,000 exposures, not something to sorry about (that would be like performing cunnilingus on a person you knew was infected daily for over 27 years).

Finally, your sore throat is a coincidence, not a manifestation of recently acquired HIV.  When persons develop symptoms of early HIV, they do so with multiple symptoms including HIGH fever, severe muscle aches, and sore throat, among other symptoms.  Not just a mild sore throat.  Further, even when person have had the classical signs of early HIV mentioned above, less than 1% turn out to have HIV.

Given the fact that your partner said she did not have STI, that your exposure was so low risk, and that your sore throat is unlikely to be HIV, I would urge you not to worry.  If you feel you need reassurance, test- at 4 weeks a combination HIV p24 antigen/HIV antibody test would be positive at 4 weeks (128 days) after your exposure.

I hope my comments are helpful.  I am confident you do not need to worry about this exposure. EWH
Okay thanks doctor!

Please just a few more things:

1) I do have light chills and aches today as well.  The doctor's nurse took my temperature and said I had a low grade fever of 99.4

2) Also, you're still not concerned since this woman travels and has just come back from India (probably not her first time) and has had those men give her cunnilingus as well as well as many men over her career in general?

3) Also what about the fact that I think I spit a little blood afterwards into the sink, I'm guessing from my gums or something.

What do you think is wrong with me if it's not what I'm over worrying about?
Also this happened exactly 5 weeks ago today if that makes any difference.
I also just took my temperature and its 100 degrees Fahrenheit
None of the additional information you provide effects my assessment or recomendations in any way. Pleae try to relax. the events you describe did not put you at risk for HIV.  EWH
Doctor,

I want you to know you are singlehandedly the reason that I will be able to sleep easy tonight.

I would buy you a steak dinner every day for the next year if I could for helping to relax me.  You and all doctors are really special and deserve medals of honor just as much as any war vets.

I guess I just have a bad cold and it happens to be a coincidence, (though I don't ever think I get sick in June) but I really trust your invaluable expertise and judgment. I hope my fever goes down and I feel better asap.

Thanks so much Doctor!!!!!
I'm pleased I could help. Take care.  EWH
Ahh doc, I woke up and have felt bad all day. I have a fever if a lite over 102 (could be rising)

:(

I took an oraquick test last night and it was negative at 5 weeks, but this horrible fever and my sore throat on one side.. What do they mean to you?

I feel horrible.
Now at 102.5
Your illness is not related to the exposure you describe.  I'll have nothing more to say.  EWH