HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Am I infected

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Am I infected

My story is this: more than eight weeks ago I picked up an African American lady in her 40s from a street. She told me that she is not a sex worker or she doesn
Your symptoms do not suggest HIV, despite what you have read on the web.  The negative OraQuick test proves with absolute certainty you didn't catch HIV during exposure 8 weeks previouly.  The answers to your questions are: 1) The test results prove your symptoms cannot be due to HIV.  (The symptoms of other garden variety virus infections are exactly the same as for HIV.)  2) No, it is not possible you are infected.  3) It is safe to have sex with your wife.  4) You do not need further testing.

Return to a health care provider if your symptoms persist.  Most likely they are due to anxiety, nothing more.  Put HIV out of your mind.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
And stop searching the internet for symptoms that match yours.  You wlll only find additional frightening things, and it won't mean a thing.
trust me, i was same as you, i got tested at 10 weeks and it came back negative, and i believe inshallah that i dont have hiv. any ways dont have sex people you meet.

Dr HHH i want to know, what people turn hiv late, such as 9 or 10 weeks?