HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Because no one answer my question. So please help me !

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I had a protect sex 4 weeks ago with a sex worker, I think the condom always wear on my penis, but I do not know it was broken or not, but there were semen inside of condom, and when I took condom off from my penis by napkin, then washed it, I found there was a little wound on the penis(I mean prepuce) , but it was not new wound, and it was  getting union and no blood. (I think it was fresh meat,a little red,but I was worried when I had sex, did the wound broken again ).and there was a ringworm(tinea)  on my penis too.   Is that possible to get infected? and after 3 weeks, I did RNA test, the result was no virus detected, also after 26 days I tested with antibody(both blood and oral) by self test kit, the result were both negative. At 4 weeks , I did antibody test in the lab, the result was <1.0(negative),  36days I did the repaid blood test by oraquick again in health clinic, result was negative, So is there any possibility that I was infected? I mean infected from that wound or ringworm? Should I test again? How about 3 moths later??  Please answer my question it drive me so crazy, I got headache doctor said was tension headache.
Welcome to our Forum.  The exposure that you describe did not put you at risk for HIV and your tests now prove that you were not infected.  Your condom did not fail.  When condoms fail, they break wide open leaving no doubt that they broke.  Your condom did not break.  Further your test results at four weeks are definitive.  Please believe them.

I hope this comment is helpful.  EWH
Thank you Doctor

appreciate that, and I have a doubt that I read some papers from this blog.and That doctor said: the RNA test should take max 4 days to detected, but I just got my result after 3and half day, is that accuracy enough?
and This week I did another RNA test in a different lab, I just wait the result come out(it takes 3-5 business days).  
And Doctor, if the result come out with no virus detected, do I need further test? like DUO test( I never did before, because i do not know where to do it), or something else in the further 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and even 12 weeks ?
The laboratory test for RNA PCR is only a few hours. The additional time needed to get results is due to the paperwork and transfer of information, not the test.  Reliable results should can certainly be available from the lab after three or even two days.

DUO (4th generation HIV p24 antigen/HIV antibody) tests provide reliable, conclusive results 4 weeks following exposure.  EWH
Thank you Doctor.
  So I do not need to retest after 3 months?
Correct, as I already said, results of these tests are conclusive 4 weeks after exposure.  EWH
Okay. Because those test I did was not 4th generation test, so may be I am  not quiet believe that result. Can I just do a 4th generation test on the 6 week mark to make sure? And I need to finger out where can do the duo test.
Yes, you could do a 4th generation test at this time and be confident of the result.  EWH
Doctor

I am confused, I have a dizziness headache since last thursday(after 4weeks),  and sometimes feel like nausea, the mouth temperature I measured and health center measured is not a fever, Is there any possible that it maybe a fever but temperature does not goes up?   Headache, feels like nausea in the morning, are these symptom may meaning something????
These symptoms are not suggestive of HIV. Please re-ready my  answer.  EWH
hello, doctor

I did the 4th generation test( P24)  in 39 days. is that okay? because it have not reach the 6 weeks mark.

BTW if  using the oraquick self test kit,how many weeks  will be accuracy?
Final Answer.  At any time beyond 4 weeks, the results of 4th generation tests for HIV are conclusive and should be believed.

This will end this thread.  No further answers.  Take care.  EWH
Doctor

Appreciate!