HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Body to Body Massage and HIV and STD risks
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Body to Body Massage and HIV and STD risks

Hello,
Thirty days ago I visited a massage parlor while in Bangkok. I received a shower and then a oil massage. While on my back the massuse removed her clothes, rubbed oil on her own body and slid up and down on my body. During this manuver, I felt my partially erect penis touch her vaginal area, perhaps her vagina itself one time. She then proceeded to finish me with a hand release. She then gave me another shower some 3 minutes after the hand release. Should I be tested for HIV or STD's? I have not at this time had any symptons that would suggest STD's and I did take 1gr of Zithromax 6 days after the event as a precaution. I am obviously worried that because of her line of work and the fact that Thailand has a higher incidence of HIV than other parts of the world, that I am at serious risk. Thank you in advance for your response.
Related Discussions
300980_tn?1194933000
Your exposure is essentially masturbation and masturbation is not a risk for getting HIV.  That there may have been some incidental contact of your penis with her vagina is likewise common (normal) as part of masturbation and does not change your risk - it is still no risk.

Taking 1.0g of azithromycin will prevent you from getting bacterial STDs.  I do not recommend STD testing for you because of this exposure.  EWH
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I feel much better after reading your reassuring comments. Not being very savy about HIV and STD's I was terribly worried. Thanks again, you and this website provide a wonderful service.
Blank
A related discussion, Body massaging and AIDS was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank