HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
CONCERN

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

CONCERN

it happened to me twice i know it will sound silly, but close friends of mine made me worry to death, i went with a prostitute at new years eve and when i pulled out the condom looked intact, this time it was not torned but it did not seem to have cum in it. can a condom breakage be just a tear? a small hole? my clsest friend said that i happened to him, it was just a hole, and he noticed cum leaking from it
Welcome back to the Forum.  This question is almost identical to the question you asked here before.   Condoms fail about 1% of the time they are used. When they fail they break wide open leaving no question at all that they have failed.  As Dr. Handsfield told you, the idea that condoms can have small leaks is simply not the case.  Further, while such leaks may rarely be seen when condoms are checked with water after usage, the leakage seen there is due to the water and is not a sign of condom failure.

If you used a condom throughout a sexual encounter it was a safe encounter with no risk for HIV.  Information otherwise is incorrect, no matter what is said on the internet.

I hope my comments are helpful. EWH
so what my friend told me was a lie?
Your friend was incorrect or misinformed. EWH
last question, in the last couple of month i had 3 oral herpes outbreaks and i heard that frequent herpes breka are sign of hiv.. why is that? i am really worried that i might have it
You are getting lots of mis-information. Frequent HSV outbreaks are not a sign of HIV.  You need to stop worrying. EWH
maybe not for hiv, but isn't it worrisome when you get 3 hsv out breaks in the same month? what does this means?
No it does not.  It means you are anxious and probably examining yourself more regualrly than you have in the past.

This is not a debate.  You asked for my opinion- you got it.  The encounter you described was safe sex and did not put you at any meaningful risk for HIV.  EWH
that was makes me feel anxious, meaningful risk is not the same as no risk.. so if you want to clarify this please be specific. Is thery any risk yes or no? If you give me a clear answer i will not comment any further in this topic
You are being silly.  Risk is not a yes/no question, it is a probability.  There is no meaningful risk from the exposure you describe in the same way that there is no meaningful risk that you will be struck by a meteor while you are reading this.  If you want no risk don't have sex.  If you want no meaningful risk, take the precautions you have taken in the past- use condoms.  EWH