HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Concern symptoms

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Concern symptoms

Good Night Doc. Please Doc, do you get to relieve my anxiety.

I live in Brazil, I am heterosexual and had never been involved with any prostitute. It turns out that 27/08 I went out with. Did not have sex with her, but I did the Golden Shower. I let her **** in my mouth. Never done, so at first filled my mouth and poured down my face, over an oral herpes.
     The next day I felt sick, with pain in the body. The other day she started suffering from sinusitis and felt feverish. I do not know it was my impression, but nobody noticed fever on me putting a hand on my face, but I felt feverish.
     Symptoms of sinusitis lasted 5 days. Then I felt nothing for 4 more days. Then came a runny nose, nasal constipation, cough and metal taste in the mouth. A little pain in the chest too. I still feel like that, cough, taste of metal in mouth and pain in the face and chest / back. In the meantime my mouth was burning like it was burst wounds, but did not show anything. No pain urinating.
     Because of this report, it is possible I have contracted HIV or any other STD in my practice of golden shower? These symptoms can be ARS?

I read a lot about it. On sites I read speaks risk if you have blood in the urine. Impossible to know if there was blood in her urine.
Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be pleased to comment.  There are no STIs, including HIV which would be transmitted through a "golden shower".  Further, the symptoms you describe are not suggestive of any STI, including HIV.  They started sooner than STI symptoms do and are not among the symptoms associated with STIs, including the ARS.  

There is no need for testing related to this exposure and no need for testing of any sort.  I hope that this comment will help you to move forward without concern.  EWH
Thanks Doc
Surely their advice will be of much help. I have some questions if you do not mind.

1 - The oral herpes would not be a risk? Like I said, I do not know if there was blood in the urine.

2 - Why I live in Brazil, it would be a different subtype of HIV? Infeccção rules are the same?

3 - Could you tell me what are the symptoms of ARS and the time in which it appears?

My concern is because my wife and I are trying to conceive. So we have the right days for sex. I would not want to infect anyone, much less a child involved in that.

It sure zero risk?
The are repetitive questions, all of which when I told you that there was no risk for STIs.  That includes HIV.  Repeat answers.

No risk for herpes even if the golden shower poured over a herpes lesion.

No risk.  Brazilian HIV subtypes as well.

ARS symptoms are a severe flu-like illness starting at least two weeks after an exposure and include severe muscle aches, high fevers, sore throat, and rash.  Just having one or two of these symptoms is not the ARS.

Please relax.  I said no risk and meant it.  EWH
Thanks Dr.. Sir made ​​me calmer.

Just one last doubt (I promise). I already read other forums including response Dr Handsfield that urine is sterile. Urine kills or inactivates the HIV virus. But I read on other sites that there is blood in the urine, there is a risk of contamination. Urine kills even the virus? The risk exists if blood in the urine (on a scale of 0 to 100)? Please understand that my doubts, as a matter of education.

Another doubt. If by chance the prostitute had blood in the urine. When I got home (30 minutes later), I washed my mouth with Listerine. This would help kill any virus or bacteria that have stayed in my mouth?

I promise you are the last questions. So it's 100% sure I have sex with my wife?

Dr Edward. Very Thank You for your attention. I am an admirer of all that you do and Dr Handsfield. Thanks for sharing the knowledge and experience you and help us with our afflictions.
You appear to be spending too much time on the internet.  Repeating your questions or telling my about incorrect information you read on the internet will not change my assessment.  NO RISK.   Even if there was blood in the urine.

It is safe to have unprotected sex with your wife.  EWH
Thank you Doc!

Surely their advice reassured me. actually I read many things on the internet and it confused me a little head.

Surely their knowledge and Dr Handsfield are much more trustworthy.

Another thank you for helping me sleep soundly.

One last question if possible. If she is HIV + and I have been drinking her urine, it is possible that an examination of false positive for antibodies I have eaten it?

Thank you again!
Final answer.  You could not get HIV from drinking urine from a person with HIV.  You are not at risk for HIV from your golden shower.  There will be no further answers.  EWH