HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Concerned about Hiv from Strip Club

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Concerned about Hiv from Strip Club

I went to a strip club a little more than a week back. I had lap dances with couple of the dancers. I did not do anything special or went to their private show. My concern is that, in the case of the second dancers she was nude and she was rubbing against my penis region. Although I was wearing pants, I am very concerned whether her vaginal fluid might have dropped , my zipper was little open but I would not say there was a such a big opening. Now, I have some sort of gland in my neck which is not painful but I feel something in my neck. I showed it to my Primary Healthcare Provider she told me she could not feel a gland, but I still feel something in my neck. I also feel a tingy feeling in my inner right next to my penis. My question is what are the chances that vaginal fluid can penetrate through the pants and infect me with hiv? Also, since part of my zipper was open which was a little bit I am concerned  a drop might have gotten inside although I was wearing boxers the whole time. The symptoms I am getting is it related to HIV? I am very concerned, and have not been able to focus on work or any other things. Please help me.
Welcome to the forum.

This was an absolutely zero risk event with respect to HIV and other STDs.  No infections can be transmitted through clothing.  Don't sweat the details of the event -- it is simply impossible you caught HIV, even if the dancer is infected (which she probably is not).

Acute HIV infections do not cause single enlarged lymph nodes.  Your symptoms do not suggest HIV, and if your doctor can't even feel anything abnormal you shouldn't be at al worried about it.

So mellow out, stop worrying.  For sure you didn't catch HIV.  You don't need testing except possibly for reassurance only.

Regards--  HHH, MD