HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
DO I NEED TO RETEST HIV. SO WORRIOED AND SCARED

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear Sir,
I met one of the sex workers in Dubai and we spent three hours in the bar before we went to my room. I did not have any oral or real sex with her except that I was fingering his vagina from outside and she was fingering his vagin as well. After that she did a hand job for me till I ejacyulatd but I am not sure whether her hand was containing genital fluids or not. I did p24 Ag&Ab combo after 31 days from the exposure the result was negative. I am a married man having two children and I am extremely scared that I am infected. Also, I saw white small spots on my wife shoulders which make me so scared. My question should I repeat the test and how reliable is the p24 combo, also I need to know it possible that the HIV can be transferred through hand job.

SHALL PRACTICE MY LIVE NORMALLY AND FORGET HIV INFECTION
Welcome to the Forum. The activities that you describe did not put you at any known risk for HIV.  HIV is not spread by receipt of masturbation or your masturbation of your partner.  Thus you did not need HIV testing.  Your did not need to test for HIV but, if you had been exposed to HIV at the time you described, your test results prove that you did get HIV.  You do not need further testing and do not need to abstain from unprotected sex with your wife.

I hope this comment is helpful. EWH
but the concern how about if her hand contain vagina secretions and in direct contact with my part male.
I considered this.  There is no evidence that HIV has EVER been transmitted from one person to another on someone's hands.  Not ever.  No change in my assessment or recommendations.  EWH
Thank you very much. you removed a big part of my Anxiety and the rest is my responsibility .
last question during the time of HIV test i was told by the lab specialist the window period for p24 ag&ab combo is 22 days, what is your opinion on what he saied i know that your are saying it is 28 days
You are correct.  The performance data indicate that DUO tests are definitive at 28 days.  I do not know that we can provide the same assurance about the 22 day point.  EWH
Thanks Dr. EWH but I looked again at your first reply and found that you said [ your test result prove that  you did get HIV] I assume that was written by mistake is this true. Also one more question is the 28 days applicable for booth p24 third and fourth cause tha test I did have no idea what was it
You stated that you has a combo test for HIVn31 days following exposure and it was negative.  These tests provide definitive results at any time more than 28 days after exposure.  Believe the test result.  No further testing is needed.  EWH
Thank you very much