HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Dear Dr HHH please help me..again...

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Dear Dr HHH please help me..again...

Dear Dr HHH,
I am the same guy who asked a guestion on Dec 27,2012.
I have 1 question. Please don't delete as this is not an anxiety driven question :).
I read the link you provided and it says for 4th generation tests window period is 4 weeks and result is 100% reliable. Is it also true for testing BEYOND 4 weeks.?
What I mean is testing not exactly 4th week but in 5/6/7or 8 week. (as I was tested after 7 weeks and 5 days with 4th generation test and the result was NEGATIVE ).

The reason I am asking is I saw some articles saying the antigen part is suddenly decreased at 4th week and only antibody part remains. Which will make the 4th generation test after 4th week is just an anti body test. Also in the body it takes about 8 weeks (or more) to produce measurable antibodies.

1. Could you please clarify this.... am I still safe?
2. Please tell me with the negative result I had on 7 weeks and 5 days past exposure with 4th generation test, can I continue to have unprotected sex with my long term partner?

I am grateful to you for your helps and really appreciate your comment on this. Thank you very much..!
If you just re-read all my replies in your other thread, including the other thread that I linked in my January 5 reply, you would know the answer.  You do not have HIV and can continue unprotected sex with your partner; there is nothing to clarify.

There will be no follow-up comments or discussion on this thread or the other one.

HHH, MD
Please Sir, following is the part that I need to clarify,

I was tested in 7 week and 5 days but not exactly 4th week.
1. At that time do both antigen and anti body exists or just anti bodies which may take more than 8 weeks produce (hence I might had a false negative).
i am extremely sorry to annoy you doctor, but you are my only hope....!
Please Please answer only this question....

Your reasoning  snout the duo test is flawed.  Your test results PROVE you did not catch HIV.  Accept the reasoned, science-based reassurance you have have or not, I don't care. But this is not a debate. This thread and your other one are over.
I have no words to thank you Dr. I'll promise I wont annoy you again...
Extremely sorry for the inconvenience I made. This is my last reply. Wish you all the best and happy healthy long life....!
Just to let you know doctor I did my 3 months (89 days) HIV test using Ag/Ab combo and result was again negative...!!!   :)
Now I am waiting for my 6 months test.

Thank you very much for your support and wish you all the best....!