HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
Does touching a female vagina momentarily with the tip of the tongue tr...

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Does touching a female vagina momentarily with the tip of the tongue transmit HIV

I was taken to a strip club last weekend and a stripper got very intimate with me while performing a lap dance. she gave me a deep french kiss and touched my tongue repeatedly with hers, kissed my lips with hers and then opened her vagina lips with her fingers and rubbed my face over her vagina.At this moment, the tip of my tongue touched her vagina for 1-2 seconds and i could feel salty/sour/bitter taste. I don't know which part of the vagina area i touched with my tongue tip..I was petrified and pushed her back but she held my head and made me kiss n lick her nipples, since it was my first such encounter, i though enough is enough and rushed out of the club.. I never had such close contact with a woman earlier and I am scared about transmission of HIV from the contact i had.. Please help...
Welcome to the forum.

HIV has never been reported to be transmitted by cunnilingus (oral contact with female genitals) -- despite the fact that most such exposures last far longer than the fleeting contact you describe.  You are not at risk for HIV and do not need testing for it.  If a bare penis (i.e., without a condom) doesn't enter another person's vagina, rectum or (rarely) mouth, HIV is not sexually transmitted.  Everything else you might do sexually with another person is safe.

Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Thanks Doc... Thanks a lot for the answer..
I have a sore throat so i am worried about it being one of the symptoms of HIV transmission..
So i shall take your word and stay calm...
Hi Doc,

I am a little bit worried since 6-10 days from the time i posted this question, i started having Phlegm in my throat and mouth ulcer. I'm really petrified relating it to HIV transmission.

I might have become hypochondriac since the time i had the experience i mentioned in the earlier question.

But please let me know in detail and confirm that i don't need to get tested and have not been contacted with HIV..

Sorry for posting the same thing again but please provide your response.
HIV does not cause the symptoms you describe.  You have a cold, nothing more.

However, you should be tested. Not because there is any risk; there is not.  But anyone as frightened as you are, and apparently resistant to the reasoned reassurance I gave, should be tested.  I suspect you will continue to worry about it until and unless you have had a negative test result.  So just do it.  (This is not "code" to suggest I believe there is actually a chance you were infected.  I do not.)

Feel free to report your HIV test result, if you have one.  Until then, there is nothing more I can do and I won't have any further comments.
A related discussion, Touch vagina with the tip of the tongue was started.
A related discussion, Thanks Doc was started.