HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
General Informative ARS question
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

General Informative ARS question

Hello Doctor

I have few questions regarding ARS symptoms.
According to your knowledge and from the documented cases
1-Does fever always accompany true ARS symptoms?

2-When true ARS symptoms occur, are they persistent for quite sometime or they just appear and quickly disappear. For example an sore throat through the night and disappears in the morning, is it a sign of an ARS onset? Or if a redness of a skin appears for half an hour then disappears, is that sign?

3-I read that true night sweat and HIV related oral thrush usually occur in an advance HIV infection and they do not usually manifest in symptoms related to a recent one. Is that true in your opinion?

4-How common are the onset of ARS symptoms past 4 weeks after exposure?

5-Last I know swollen lymph nodes are hard to detect by an untrained person without medical experience, if they were swollen due to an ARS are they usually tender to the touch?

Thank you always for your excellent support