HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV/STD from Nipple sucking/licking

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV/STD from Nipple sucking/licking

Dear Dr.

My question is simple, but I can't wait to hear from a professional about it.

I went to a massage parlour in England. I am 29, m, straight guy.
The girl was English and seems ok. I denied to have sex and ask her to give me lap-dance. I was fully dressed (boxer+jean) during whole period while she was nude. While performing lap-dance over me, I liked/sucked her nipples, I did not felt any fluid/milk/anything else coming from it.

There is no sexual interaction of any genital, though I touched her vagina (outer parts) by hand. Infact, I was very much concerned about std, however, now after searching the forums I am scared. My knowledge was hiv transmit from (1) unprotected sex (2) sharing needles/drugs (3) mother to child.

1- Is sucking a woman 's nipple by a man is considered oral sex?
2- Should I test, If I suck (no fluid as far as I remembered) for very small interactions (4-5 times consisting of 5-15 sec) for any std/hiv? (the nipples seems to be al-right, I mean no piercing/crack and sucking was very gentle)
3- When a std can transfer by sucking nipples?
4- Massage parlour girl, seems to serving multiple customer before she came to me. Some other customer might have sex on her boobs before she came. And if I suck the nipples, does it poses some risk?

I need confirmation from you pls

1- I am going into relationship very soon. Should I consider this a risk or should I consider this my mistake and move on with life?
2- Should I test for hiv/std?

P.S.
Apart from this I tested negative early this yr, and I never had any sexual activities afterwards…just this stupid thing happened!

Rgrds,
Num
Tags: HIV, HIV/STDs, nipple, nipplesucking, nipple licking

Welcome to our Forum.  I'll be happy to answer your question- it is a question that we have answered many times in the past.  Unless there was an obvious, visible sore or lesion on the woman's breast, there is no risk at all for any STD, including HIV from sucking a woman's breast. This is true whether or not there is milk or any other secretion from the breast.  

No,

No, there is no medical need for testing at all.

No.

No, still no risk at all.

In your follow-up you mention the term latching.,  Sorry, I do not know what this term means.,  I hope these answers are helpful. there is no reason for concern.  EWH
P.S.

Pls add latching. What is that? How we knw a grl is latching?
THANKS FOR THE REPLY,

I want to become educated

1- Hiv can spread only by (1) Unprotected insertive sex (2) sharing drugs needles etc (3) mother to child, (4)and In some cae oral (if there is a lot of blood)?

2- Is sucking of nipples (might contain milk, secretion) not considered a sexual activity? should we consider it like masturbation/hand job which poses no risk for hiv (or any STD)?

3- latching... I used it for cases where a nipple can feed milk (i.e. after child birth) ....Is it possible that one gets some milk by sucking an un-pregnant girl's nipple? (sorry question is naive, but will help some of us)

Above all, I just need your confirmation that I need no testing (HIV/STD) for this stupid scenario and I can go into relationship without worrying?

Many thanks
The correct word is "lactating"
Brief answers to your follow-up questions:

Almost correct. Number 4 is an oversimplification.  The only cases in which oral sex has led to HIV is by performoing fellatio (oral sex) on an infected man.  Even then, although this has been performed many, many times, there are only a very few cases- this occurs less than once in every 10,000 exposures.  Ingestion/swallowing of infected blood is not known to lead to HIV.

This is not a sexual activity and, more importantly, HIV is not spread among adults in this way.  

3- latching... I used it for cases where a nipple can feed milk (i.e. after child birth) ....Is it possible that one gets some milk by sucking an un-
pregnant girl's nipple? (sorry question is naive, but will help some of us)

Adults cannot get HIV even if they swallow breaast milk from an infected, latating woman.  Babies less than 6months can but adult gastrointestinalt tracts inacitvate the virus and do not absorb it.

As I said, your event was no risk and there is no need for testing.  You can move forward in your relationships without concern.  EWH

Thanks for reply, just last question:

"This is not a sexual activity" that is strange to believe?
I do not understand your reply.  Perhaps I shoulld say this is not penetrative sexual activityt and therefore no risk.  Is this what you are looking for?

EWH