HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV/STD risk

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV/STD risk

Hello eminent doctors,

I am back at this forum and with a different although relatively similar past experience. I met a 25 yr old transexual who said she was clean and gets tested every 3 months (per her doctors advise). I am a 29 yr old married male .our encounter was brief and started with casual kissing (no french although she desired) and quite a lot of sucking nipples etc. we were nude and She for  brief moments was on me and during that her anus part just rubbed against the shaft of my penis (1 mins approx)...Since i was too anxious i told her to just give me a handjob which she did and while doing that ,i did give few seconds of hand job to her (penis). I came on her body...at no point there was penetrative sex at all....but she did play with her penis and used the same hand to give me a hand job till i came.... she did not come at all...

I am very worried from this encounter for any possible risk of STD/HIV. me and wife were planning a  family and this moment of indiscretion i  hope does not ruin my life.

She did mention that she would do bbbj if the person claimed to be clean....but no anal sex without condom. Unless if she knows the person for 10 years she might do it. She did sound safe throughout our interaction.

1. Would there be any possibility of getting HIV/STD from the above instance given the transexual was HIV positive (though she said she was clean from a report 2 months ago) ?
2. Would her using the same hand to give me a HJ, which she used to hold her penis lead to any STD transmission?
3. Do i need any form of testing for HIV/Other STD's and if so when?

I would appreciate your response sir.

Thank you
Welcome back to the Forum.  This post is similar to your prior posts and suggests a misunderstanding about how HIV is transmitted.  In adults HIV is transmitted only by penetrative genital or ano-genital sex or injection of infected material deep into tissue.  It is not transmitted by kissing (even deep kissing), rubbing, nipple sucking rubbing or other non-penetrative sexual activity.  the activities that you describe are no risk for HIV.  Further, your partner, both in terms of what she said and in terms of her actions sound low risk as well.  this was a no risk event.

See above.  None of the activities you mention put you at risk for HIV.

No, HIV is not transmitted by transfer of genital secretions form one person to another on someone's hands/

No, there is no reason for any concern and no reason for testing for HIV or for any other STI.

I hope these comments are helpful to you.  EWH
Thank you doctor for your response. Based on the above exposure there is no risk for any other STD's also? Is it safe to continue unprotected sex with my wife without the fear of transmitting something to her?

Thanks again.
Yes, it is safe to continue unprotected sex with your wife.  EWH