HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HIV infection Risks

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

HIV infection Risks

Dear Doctor,
In continuation to my early questions (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV---Prevention/-HIV-infection-Risks/show/1887977#post_8780353).
after your opinion on my  No-risk exposure and I have started moving on...but unfortunately when ever I get new concerns my anxiety increases...the new concern is, I had unprotected sex with my wife and she got flu type symptom exactly on 15th days of we having the sex. her symptoms lasted just one day...feverish feel and mild sore throat...she took nycool (vicks syrup three times) ...she was fine next day........I now started getting tiered/fatigue feel and burning eyes...mild pain around my eyebrow (like sinus) ...I have read no penetration no risk opinion even for Penis to vagina rubbing.... my case was just accident contact of penis head on the vagina for less than second.....and Nipple sucking......
1. Do you consider my wife flu type  symptom is also coincident ?
2. My tried&fatigue feel, burning eyes..mild pain around my eyebrow... could be due to psychological/anxiety ?

I know you hate continued discussion on no risk exposure, but this because of new concerns..I hope this will not continue...
I'm sorry that you continue to worry about the events which occurred so long ago.  That you continue to worry suggests that you have a great deal of guilt and perhaps shame over the exposure that occurred back in January.  As a result, it appears that you are continuously looking for signs of infection and attributing coincidental, unrelated events to possible HIV.

Yes.  Her symptoms do not sound at all like the ARS which, among other things, typically lasts several days.

Yes, I suspect they do relate to anxiety.

While there is no medical reason for you to test, I would suggest that you seek testing in order to prove to yourself that you did not acquire HIV from the exposure you described.  When your results are negative, believe them and move forward without further concern.  EWH
Thanks for your reply....I am planning to get tested soon, to get out of this anxiety..with all due respect to you..I really feel much better after reading all your response...when ever i think of my symptoms i really fall in doubt.....What is strongly affecting my anxiety is ringworn type rash on my cheek below my right eye..its very very lightly visible and I never mentioned in my posts earlier...its there for more than three months now...I first noticed when I got itchy throat in Jan..not sure if it was there before it....since then not reducing nor increasing...I had never got such rash on my face....I can relate all my other symptoms to acid reflux/sinus/anxiety...but what about this ringworn type rash ? I first though it is due to bad winter weather...but its still there...any comments on this ?reading about all my symptoms you still believe these are not HIV related ?...my next comment will be only on my test result..I hope good will forgive me one last time...
There are no any other rashes on my body...its only one...cent coin size on face very very lightly visible...
Dear Dr!...one last time pls..I know you are frustrated with my repeated posts...this will be my last question...pls respond to earlier comment...
Your facial rash/possible ringworn in no way suggests HIV.  Get tested and prove it to yourself- then beleive the test results. EWH
Thank you
Dear Dr, Got my results today..Express.Home access test.....NEGATIVE...
Thank you for all your advice...I will ensure I will never ever get into such situation in life...I had all odds against me...all Symptoms in book, Blood work high lympo at 8 weeks..my wife symptoms...oh my god...finally when I call for results i was transferred to operator :(.my case is typical casestudy for people suffering for anxiety...I also got copy of my result...'

It was my wife who first the result and confirmed to me..I had completely given up life and suggest before hearing the result told every thing to my wife and she was confident I did not have anything and she confirmed the result
Glad to help. Take care. EWH