HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HSV2 Conflicting Results
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HSV2 Conflicting Results

Over the summer i was tested for HSV with a type specific IGG test through LapCorp. I recieved the results that were negitive for HSV1 and IGM was negitive for Both. But I got a 3.9 for HSV2. I never had any blisters or signs of HSV and just felt like it could be false. I had my doctor send out blood for a "HSV 1 HSV 2 Immunoblot by western blot" through labcorp. These results came back negitive for both. All of these tests were months after possible exposure. I posted on here and was told that it was rare but should rely on the western blot. I have anxiety problems and constantly worry day to day that i am infected to the point that it drives me nuts. Can I trust the western blot? I just keep feeling that the IGG had to be a 3.9 for some reason. I was thinking about being retested a third time but would an ELISA test give false positive results again possibly? I can't afford another western blot. I want to put this problem to rest but keep worring about that original test I had. Any slight irritation i get on my penis I constintly examine. Am I being to paranoid, I saw a post that said labcorp was having problems around the time i was tested with flase positives (JULY 08). from time to time i have what looks like sebaceous prominence (which i have on my penis) get infected and one dot will turn red and evenually get even more red from me looking at it so much. that lasts about 3 weeks and goes back to being skin colored. I just keep thinking it might be from herpes. I guess my question is, if you were me would you worry about being retested?
Tags: hsv2