HIV - Prevention Expert Forum
HSV2 Conflicting Results
About This Forum:

This forum is limited to prevention of HIV and to safe sex in general. All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

HSV2 Conflicting Results

Over the summer i was tested for HSV with a type specific IGG test through LapCorp. I recieved the results that were negitive for HSV1 and IGM was negitive for Both. But I got a 3.9 for HSV2. I never had any blisters or signs of HSV and just felt like it could be false. I had my doctor send out blood for a "HSV 1 HSV 2 Immunoblot by western blot" through labcorp. These results came back negitive for both. All of these tests were months after possible exposure. I posted on here and was told that it was rare but should rely on the western blot. I have anxiety problems and constantly worry day to day that i am infected to the point that it drives me nuts. Can I trust the western blot? I just keep feeling that the IGG had to be a 3.9 for some reason. I was thinking about being retested a third time but would an ELISA test give false positive results again possibly? I can't afford another western blot. I want to put this problem to rest but keep worring about that original test I had. Any slight irritation i get on my penis I constintly examine. Am I being to paranoid, I saw a post that said labcorp was having problems around the time i was tested with flase positives (JULY 08). from time to time i have what looks like sebaceous prominence (which i have on my penis) get infected and one dot will turn red and evenually get even more red from me looking at it so much. that lasts about 3 weeks and goes back to being skin colored. I just keep thinking it might be from herpes. I guess my question is, if you were me would you worry about being retested?
Tags: hsv2